'The Fall' His Troubled Thoughts Recap

'The Fall' His Troubled Thoughts Recap

Will the real Paul Spector please wake up?

659
'The Fall' His Troubled Thoughts Recap
The Mirror - UK

Last we left our favorite characters, Paul Spector (Jamie Dornan) was in the hospital in a coma and Stella Gibson (Gillian Anderson) was working diligently to find enough evidence to put Spector away once he woke up. So will he or won't he? Let's find out!

As Paul is tended to by Nurse Sheridan (Aisling Bea), Stella has taken the time to go for a swim. She uses this time to think about her upcoming interview with the department about the Spector investigation. When Burns (John Lynch) rides with her to the interview, he gives her some tough love about the case. From her involvement with Anderson (Colin Morgan) to her decisions about placing Spector in a vulnerable spot to be shot. Stella instead focuses on the two major factors: that Spector is caught and Rose Stagg (Valene Kane) is alive. Upon arrival, Stella bumps into Ferrington (Niamh McGrady), who has been suspended. Stella advises her not to give up and to stay strong during this time.

Meanwhile, Katie (Aisling Franciosi) is seen getting ready for school. She is rebellious, piercing her nose and opting to wear revealing clothing. Her attitude towards her mother Lisa (Lacy Moore) has been hostile and moody. Katie wants to see Paul, no matter what the cost, as she feels they love each other.

With Stella in her interview and Burns in his own discussion with Chief Constable Franks (Patrick FitzSymons) and others, the motives are questioned about the incident with Tyler (Brian Milligan) and Spector. Why was Spector left out in the open? Why was the area not secured? Stella and Burns continue to answer their questions in their respective interviews, Stella assuring her interviewer that the area was secured and that Rose is alive. Those are the only things that matter to her.

Later on that day, Stella’s team is moved into a new location and a new objective is created. Now that Spector has been captured, there is no stopping until there is enough mounting evidence to put him away for good. Stella is determined to “keep the foot on the gas” until she accomplishes her mission.

In the hospital, Rose catches a glimpse of Spector being wheeled around, and starts to panic. The nurse assures her it is nothing, but Rose's intuition leads her to believe she is close to her abductor. Rose continues to plead that she wants to go home, and by the end of the episode gets her wish. With Paul's condition better than it was, the medical staff is ready to take him out of his medically induced coma and assess any damages.

Unfortunately, the real damage is to come when Olivia (Sophie Beattie) finds an article online about her father while at school. The one who provided the story was none other than Katie's friend Daisy (Tara Lee). Confused, Olivia finds a phone and contacts Katie, letting her know about the article that was posted before one of the school staff finds her. Katie, who has ditched school to try and see Paul in the hospital, now changes course. Finding a quiet corner, she reads Daisy's story and becomes enraged.

Paul has started to come around after being in his medically induced coma, but the result is met with complications. Spector begins to fight off the staff and his heart rate beginning to spike. The staff has no choice but to put him back into the coma until they can figure out how to wake him up again without him freaking out.

As Paul continues to try and wake up, Sally Ann (Bronagh Waugh) faces an even bigger issue: Olivia and Liam (David Beattie) have been harassed at school for their father’s dark compulsion. They are sent home until the school can properly handle the situation, which leaves Sally Ann up in arms about what to do. At the insistence of her friend, she is told to retain a solicitor (lawyer) for Paul to help fight the allegations. Enter Sean Healy (Aidan McArdle), who agrees to take Paul’s case.

Finally, the moment that we have all been waiting for arrives: Paul Spector finally wakes up from his coma. Groggy and disoriented, he is not sure what has happened to him. As Dr. Spencer (Barry Ward) asks Spector simple questions, something is amiss. Spector assumes he was in a car accident and has no recollection of any memories past 2006. All memories of his murders and dark compulsions wiped clean from his mind. When the doctor explains what happened, Spector is beyond confused.

Katie, who has managed to track down Daisy outside of a local club, is ready to confront her friend about the article. Yet Daisy sticks by what was printed: Spector commented on her videos and terrified her. Her answers send Katie over the edge, as she produces a bottle of lemon juice, squirting a large amount into Daisy’s eyes to try and blind her. Katie has officially gone off the deep end.

Back at the hospital, Sally Ann brings Olivia to see her father. At first, he is confused by how big his daughter has gotten, since his memories were of her at a younger age. He has not even mentioned Liam, he only remembers having a daughter.Olivia does not let this deter her as she goes to hug him. Paul, moved by the gesture, embraces his daughter and cries duringtheir reunion. Sally Ann watches them carefully, not quite sure what to make of Paul’s memory loss.

With Paul having a tearful reunion with part of his family, Stella’s team locates Spector’s car, looking to dig up some dirt on him. While Spector is seen to potentially not have any knowledge of his dark past, Stella unearths Paul’s notebooks, evidence that may prove Paul murdered up to 9 or 10 women in his past. And so, the race is on to put Spector away for good.

Will Spector ever remember his transgressions? Will Stella find enough evidence to put Spector away for good? Has Katie finally given into the darkness? Stay tuned for next week!