The Evolution Of Eyebrows

The Evolution Of Eyebrows

From a rough beginning to a fleeked up look

70
The Evolution Of Eyebrows

Let’s be honest, looking back on middle school years makes everyone cringe a little. But since then, what changed? Was it your style? Your personality? Your friends? Maybe it was a mixture of all three. I don’t know about you, but one of the biggest changes I experienced was the evolution of my brows.

Now, let me explain. My brow game has been in the works ever since the first time I picked up tweezers and tried to do it myself. You know what I’m talking about, that one time you sneaked into you parents' bathroom and found their tweezers, and decided it would be a great idea to shape your eyebrows yourself. And like any horror movie, you came out looking like you accidentally washed the tail of your brows with hair remover.

And then you had to go through the next few months with your parents looking at you like there was nothing wrong.

Eventually your parents felt sorry enough to take you to get them waxed. Horrible experience, but we all know it was worth it.

We all remember the feeling of walking out of that salon like we’ve just won the lottery.

And for some of us who have been blessed by the brow gods, our journey ends there. Because there are some lucky people that have full enough eyebrows that only require a simple wax. But for the rest of us poor souls, our journey continues.

Eventually we discovered YouTube tutorials and saw that one brave soul who began the trend of filling in their brows. That’s where our journey really began. Because since we didn’t have the proper tools available, we decided to use the resources around us (i.e. that horrible black eyeliner). Not only did we not know how to outline the shape, but we didn’t have the right color either.

And again, our parents tried (but failed) to do the same “nothing about you has changed look.”

And then we were finally blessed with the example of celebrity brows. We carefully studied their brows and what it was that made them look so perfect.

Then more tutorials started rolling in and we decided to invest more and more money on the tools that would help us achieve their brow goals.

Then it was a matter of trial and error. Until finally, we were able to reach the top of the brow game #EyebrowsOnFleek.

Now, many people don’t understand the obsession we have with having nice eyebrows. They don’t understand that those furry little things under your forehead have the possibility of shaping your face and making you a whole new person. It takes skill and patience to be able to say that your “brow game is too strong.” So please don’t take brows for granted and don’t mess with anyone else's brows. They take a lot of work and the make-up used for them can be as expensive as your phone bill.