I'm gonna let you guys in on a secret:
I have a unibrow, straight up.
As in my two eyebrows literally are(oh-so slightly, but they are) connected by these teeny-tiny hairs near the bridge of my nose. I'm not talking "Frida Kahlo Feminista Fabulous" unibrow. I'm talking "I'm in fifth grade and I want to let the earth swallow me whole because I'm 11 and this is mortifying" unibrow. I got my brows waxed for the first time for my fifth grade promotion ceremony and almost cried.
Since then, I've waxed, tweezed, shaved, used creams, threaded... I'm always trying to figure out what the best brow shape and length is for my face. Here are 15 thoughts and scenarios that I, and anybody else who isn't into the FAT permanent marker looking thick line across their forehead look, experience every day.
1. Embrace the "natural" look?
2. Figuring out what the hell the word "shape" means.
Eyebrow shape? Face shape? Now I have to examine myself in the mirror for twenty extra minutes to find out how I compare to this chart. Was I even born with the right eyebrows for my face? I'm flawed. I'm panicking. This is too much.
2. It is worth it to change the "shape"?
3. If so, how?
4. When you consider shaving your brows off because they're too much to deal with.tattooed back on. We have come a long way from this:
Okay, maybe a littleeeee more...
6. When you over-tweeze.
7. When you've realized you made a mistake.
8. When you've messed with them too much and now you have to let them grow out.
9. When you're close to growing them out completely but you still try to cut corners by filling them in.
10. Remember: They're sisters, not twins.
11. When you FINALLY have grown your brows out.
12. When you look in the mirror. Again.
13. So you give it another shot...
I hope she does a good job this time, it went so badly the last time I did this...
14. Somehow it works and your thick eyebrows look better than ever before.
I am a new woman. I am a goddess. I am an angel. I am ethereal.