The Essentials For The Perfect Bar Cart

The Essentials For The Perfect Bar Cart

Forget democratic and republican parties, let's talk cocktail parties!
23

This year’s must have accessory is without a doubt the trendy and ever classic bar cart. Originating in the 1950’s when hosting cocktail hours were all the rage, bar carts were used by only the hippest and most posh hostesses. Still living up to the same status, the modern day bar cart has, once again, become the centerpiece for any and all trendsetting party lovers. But whether it’s the classic bar on wheels or a sturdy wooden set, every display requires a few essentials. If you’re looking to spice up your place permanently or just for the holidays, here are the top bar cart necessities that are sure to make you the hostess with the mostess.

1. The “booze”: First things first, what are you serving? Experts recommend stocking up on crowd favorites like vodka, whiskey, and bacardi with mixers on hand. But who said booze was even mandatory? You could have a wine cart, coffee cart, or mix of it all. This first item is totally your call but if I could make some suggestions it would be this, this, this, or this.

2. Glasses: Whether you go for copper mugs, crystal martini glasses, or coffee cups, there should always be a few arranged on the cart and are ready to be used. Try to keep an even number of glasses, but don't be afraid to have a few different styles represented. Two tall, two short, and four other will do; just make sure they are festive and suit your style! Check out some of my personal favs!

3. Cocktail Shaker: If you’re looking to impress your guests this is an absolute must; it shows that you don’t mess around when it comes to mixology. And unless you’re using it simply for decor, I would recommend learning how to use it properly before you find yourself throwing a drink all over your crush.

4. Ice Bucket: Because nobody likes a warm drink. The days of solo cups full of lukewarm fruit punch vodka are over. Do you and your guests a favor by keeping plenty of ice in your bucket. This larger piece will do wonders for pulling the whole look of your cart together so go for something simple in design and solid in color. Host tip: you are the ice, ice baby; don’t hesitate to replenish someone’s glass with ice if you notice they're running low.

5. Decorative Straws: Straws are a fabulous, easily changed, accessory to fit the mood or theme of any party. Since most of them are paper, they typically aren’t used for drinking (nor is any straw in your cocktail, contrary to popular belief). Instead, throw one in your drink and use to stir. Striped, chevron, or plain gold, display them in a cute decorative mason jar (or similar) to sass up your cart. Find cute ones at Bakers Party Shop!

6. Napkins: Sounds too simple, but you’d be surprised how much a colorful cocktail napkin can enhance the aesthetic of your bar cart. Every cocktail should be served with a napkin underneath to act as a decorative coaster. Believe me, your furniture will thank you. And like straws, napkins can be a fantastic way to enhance your party theme. Plus they are super cheap! Check out Target, this place, and of course Etsy!

7. Fresh Flowers: Stop and smell the roses people, fresh flowers are the move! If you’re willing to spend a little extra on your floral arrangement, check out BloomThat. They deliver, hands down, the most gorgeous floral arrangements to places all over the US. Ranging from $30 to $100, their price is absolutely worth every penny. Download their app right now and send yourself (or your friend) something nice!

8. Tray: The best way to organize and arrange the contents of your cart. Not only does the tray add dimension, it decreases the likelihood that your cart looks like a clustered, chaotic, major Pinterest fail. It is essential for making your cart look like the real deal and you like posh host you aspire towards. Here’s what I would use if I were you:

9.
Embellishment: This is where your unique, personal touch gets to come out and shine! Use it as an excuse to get creative with artwork or something quirky and totally out of the ordinary. Think: display table at Francesca's full of all the trinkets and knick knacks you've convinced yourself you need. This includes but is not limited to: coasters, tabletop clocks, hourglasses, a gold decorative giraffe, string lights, trinket trays, candles, bowl of lemons and limes, box signs, and miscellaneous wine corks.

And you’re in luck! Black Friday is around the corner so get ready to shop, shop, shop your way to the perfect bar cart!

Xoxo
Andrea.