The Dying Art Of Writing Letters

The Dying Art Of Writing Letters

Be creative. Be honest. Be quirky. Be thoughtful. Be yourself.

25
The Dying Art Of Writing Letters

What better time to write a heart-felt letter than around the Holidays?

Ugh, but...that takes time though. And thought. And effort. Wouldn't it be easier to just buy socks or something?? Yes, absolutely. It would be easier to buy your bffs a Starbs gift card or fuzzy socks. And they may like those things a lot in the moment. However, something that they're guaranteed to love and treasure for years to come would be a heart-felt note or letter.

Tell them what they mean to you. What kind of an impact they've had in your life. Write about the 10 things you love about them or the way they've impacted your life.

Many times, the important people in our lives have no way of knowing what they truly mean to us unless we tell them. We have to. They deserve to know. You never know what your words could give them. Hope. Inspiration. Reason to go on. Love. Peace. Reassurance that they mean something to you.

I know that writing may seem like a huge feat if you don't often put pen to paper, but I promise that it is totally, totally worth it.

Write to your grandma, your new acquaintance in college, your significant other, your roommate, your best friend, your favorite professor, your yoga instructor, your sister, your barista, your mentor. Pour out your heart and truly let that person know what they mean to you.

Life is short, and in this technology-filled world, a letter means a lot more than a text or Facebook message. If you're willing to share your thoughts and your thankfulness, it is bound to make a very profound difference in the lives of those around you.

Start short, if you want. Jot down a couple of brief sentences outlining a favorite memory or a quality the person encompasses that you admire. Even a letter that says: "Merry Christmas, Mom. Thanks for being there for me. I u," is bound to bring a smile to your recipient's face. This Christmas season doesn't have to be expensive. If you want to give a gift that your people are sure to remember, give them the gift of love and encouragement that can be kept for years to come.