It seems like the number one past time among college students is Tinder — I even admit to having one. However, there is nothing more cringeworthy than a terrible Tinder profile. When girls get together they just love to laugh about some of the ridiculous men they see on there. So, gentlemen, if you want to be messaged back instead of laughed at, here are a few rules of thumb.
1. Have only one picture available.
I don't know if that's just a really good picture. I need more.
2. Only have group pictures.
Which one are you?
3. Use Snapchat filters.
I want to see what you actually look like, not what you would look like if you had a human mother and a dog father.
4. Only have selfies.
Really? Do you even have friends?
5. Lie about your age, then fix it on your bio.
I don't even get this.
6. Double message me.
I'll respond the first time if I want to talk.
7. Not have anything in your bio for us to go off of.
Looks aren't everything, we could hate you for your personality too. Be considerate and put down a fact or a joke.
8. If you put your height in your bio, do not be bitter because she only likes tall boys (6'1" and up).
You chose to put it there.
9. Talk about cuddling with someone who you haven't met in person.
It's a weird dude.
10. Offer to give me a back rub over messages.
Bring it up if we hang out. Otherwise, it's creepy
11. Let your intentions be known.
Do you want a hookup? Do you want a girlfriend? Tell me beforehand. Okay? Okay!
12. "Those aren't my kids."
I assumed, thanks. Only put something if they ARE your kids.
13. Super like me.
Please. I'm not ready for that type of commitment.
14. Ask me to have sex with you and your girlfriend.
It's not going to happen. Ever.
15. Say "I'm lonely."
It's not cute.
1. Try to have a creative opening line.
“Hey” doesn’t set you apart from the crowd.
2. Be polite!
If I reject your advances, name calling isn’t the answer.
3. Keep in mind it's only Tinder.
It's never that serious.