The Dos And Don'ts Of Applying To Be A PINK Campus Rep

Applying for your dream job is hard work -- that's what I'm here for.

20753
Hannah Budke

Being a PINK Campus Rep changes you -- I know firsthand. My name is Hannah, and I was the first PINK Campus Representative at Boise State and brought PINK to "The Blue" from 2014 to 2016. Every moment, person, and event changed me. Every photo you see is me surrounded by the best people I have ever met. This program is more than just the brand. So. Much. More.

So, you've decided to apply to be a PINK Campus Representative. Don't confuse yourself -- this is not the type of position you apply for and just hope you get it. You want this experience, it will change your life. But don't worry, I'm here to prepare you.

Do:

Go to the events: Once you decide you want to apply to be a Rep, go to the events on your campus (if you haven't already). That is the quickest way to understand what the program is all about.

Do your research. The worst thing you could do is go into this interview unprepared. Look into your Campus Rep program and know what kind of events they've thrown. The more knowledgeable, the better.

Visit the store: Check out what's going on in store. The floorplan changes every few weeks and chances are something in that store was an idea from the Campus Reps. Look at the cheeky phrases on panties and work out tanks. Those come from the Reps.

Have some ideas: A Campus Rep's responsibility is to plan events. Think of some that you could see yourself throwing on your campus -- but be realistic. Nothing is worse than someone pitching an idea they can't execute.

Get involved: A successful Campus Rep needs to be involved. Being in a sorority, on a sports team, in a club or a student organization, or having an on-campus job scores major points! They want to know that you will be able to reach your campus.

Don't:

Don't apply if you're not passionate. The PINK Campus Representative Program is created to be an extension of the PINK team. Don't just apply to apply. Apply because you want this position. Apply because you're brand loyal and have been wearing PINK since they had green cheetah print bras.

Don't freak out if you don't have much experience. When I applied, I was finishing up my freshman year as a math major. I didn't know anything about digital marketing except my social channels. My passion for the position was evident and was easily what got me the position. You can be taught how to throw an event and grow a social following -- you can't be taught how to love PINK.

Don't try too hard. Bottom line, if you get an interview, you have a shot. They like what they see. Don't stress too much about sounding perfect in the interview. PINK Campus Reps are real people. There's no need to be abnormally prim and proper -- we're college girls after all. Show your personality!

Don't be nervous! If it's meant to happen, it will happen. If you are confident, bubbly, and yourself, everything will be just fine.

Still not sure about applying? The past three years of my life have been spent collaborating with strong women all across the country. I have met my best friends, roommates, and bridesmaids through the PINK Campus Representative Program. PINK is accepting applications now, so seriously, give it a shot!