The Day After Pulling An All-Nighter

The Day After Pulling An All-Nighter

40 thoughts that have crossed all of our minds after staying up all night.

68
The Day After Pulling An All-Nighter
Pink and Black Magazine

College is already tough enough, and with midterm exams, papers, and final projects already looming over all of our shoulders, we are all bound to pull a few all-nighters. While staying up all night studying is rough, staying awake and focused the next day is just as difficult. In fact, it's more than just a little hard. After the actual studying, writing, or gluing, we all find ourselves tired, angry, and craving nothing but coffee and sleep. With the day in full swing, there are a few thoughts that have crossed all of our minds after staying up all night.

1. Wow, daylight already?

2. I should probably wake up to watch the sunrise more often. *glances at time* Never mind.

3. Maybe I should stop procrastinating so much and actually get my work done.

4. Nope, that’s never going to happen.

5. I should probably get some more coffee.

6. Why do I need to take this class? It has nothing to do with my major.

7. I don’t even know what I’m doing.

8. Alright, that’s it, I’m done.

9. Should I go to my first class today? Yes. Will I? Of course not.

10. If I take a nap now, I'll get one hour of sleep.

11. Should probably check Twitter since I haven't in the past 12 hours.

12. *40 minutes later* There's no way I was on Twitter that long.

13. I should probably dress somewhat decently. Nah… I’m wearing sweatpants.

14. I really need some coffee.

15. Well, better go fail this exam. *Googles "jobs that don't require a degree"*

16. Why does everyone walk as slowly as they possibly can? MOVE.

17. Is it possible to fall asleep while walking? Because I think I just did.

18. Definitely not pulling an all-nighter ever again.

19. Did I just fall asleep on my desk?

20. Yes, yes I did.

21. Please tell me I didn't snore.

22. I know nothing on this exam. Like, seriously, when did we learn this?

23. Am I in the right class? This does not look like anything I've seen before.

24. Last night was definitely not worth it.

25. Well, 'D’s get degrees.

26. Oh thank goodness it’s over.

27. Better stop at Starbucks.

28. Should I take a nap? Yep, it's happening.

29. Wait, I have another class.

30. Four cups of coffee today, and counting.

31. I'm so caffeinated I can see sounds.

32. When was the last time I ate?

33. Please let us out early, please let us out early.

34. Of course you’re not going to let us out early.

35. Did my professor just see me doze off?

36. Will this class ever end?

37. Forget it, I'm leaving.

38. Well, it's too late for a nap, so I might as well just go to sleep early.

39. Oh, wait, I have an essay due tomorrow.

40. Nope, not going to do it. I'm going to sleep.