The Cost of Higher Education

The Cost of Higher Education

Loans, Loans, Loans

74
The Cost of Higher Education
pixabay

The cost of higher education and what it entails. What does the cost of your education mean to you? How does this affect you? Even if this doesn't pertain to you, how do you think it affects others suffering from the cost of wanting to further their education?

Lets take into account the strongest contributor, student loans. Statistics have shown in the past that the majority of students who are in debt from student loans, are also working full-time jobs. Obviously those who are in this position see education as their number one priority, but that isn't always the case when you need to find a way to pay for that education. So many students, no matter the age, social rank, residency or degree in which they are trying to receive, have all shared one thing in common, unemployment. The biggest struggle, of course is finding a way to pay for this higher education; so as students, we turn to part-time, full-time, weekend jobs, basically anything that will help us get to that next tuition payment. Every student knows the importance of their work performance and what it means to have strong grades coming out of their field of interest, but that can become a problem when we are struggling to juggle work and school.

This hard, but real-life issues have caused the younger-youth or undergrad students to have negative or uneasy thoughts about furthering their education. As undergrad students, we are questioning whether or not we want to be fishing ourselves out of loans for the next however many years just to receive a higher degree that may not even guarantee our dream jobs. In recent interviews, some college students have stated that if you can't afford it, don't bother! We've come to the point where students are turning away at the thought of higher education because they know they won't be able to afford it in the long-run and don't want to have that burden hanging over their shoulders in the years to come. It's sad to say that this is the conclusions so many young students have come to and as a result, are stopping school early in the game and settling for the mediocre jobs they promised themselves they wouldn't ever want to take, no matter the circumstance.

At this point in time, we need to look at the situation as a whole. What is the main problem?--Addressing the cost of student loans and payment plans. How can we change this? What policies do we have to dissect? Who is going to make this change happen? What is it going to take for you to be able to finish your education?