The Christmas Countdown: Part 4

The Christmas Countdown: Part 4

The To Do List for Christmas

14
The Christmas Countdown: Part 4
Craig T. Owens

With less than a week left until Christmas and the kids out of school for the next few weeks I have created a list of different activities to do while on the holidays. These can be done anytime before Christmas or even after Christmas depending.

1. Get in the car and look at Christmas Lights

This is one of the typical things to do during the holiday season and something that will help keeps the kids occupied from cabin fever. My family enjoys going through various neighborhoods looking at amazing Christmas lights. There is even some pages that tell where the best and biggest Christmas lights are located, I know one has it's own AM radio station playing music that is choreographed to the lights. It is called the Felix Family Christmas Lights, here is their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Felix-Family-Christmas...

2. Start a fire and watch Christmas movies with your family

This one is one of my favorites to do as well, I love having the house warm from the fire and watching Christmas classics like Christmas Vacation, White Christmas, The Christmas Story and plenty of others. It's nice to sit around with your loved ones making memories that will last a lifetime instead of any vacation. I remember watching the Christmas Story and laughing so hard at the scene where the kid sticks his tongue on the frozen pole, it always cracks me up. These are the memories that I love the most and I am sure every family would agree as well.

3. Bake like their is no tomorrow.

Around Christmas time there is plenty of sweets and I cannot be anymore happier, if anyone knows me then they know how much I love cookies and chocolate. I love when I can go to my grandmother's house for Christmas and eat all the delicious desserts she made especially her fudge and cookies. Christmas is the perfect time to bake with your family and just have a little fun around in the kitchen, you can look on Pinterest for fun recipes and even make fun reindeer cookies for Rudolph and Santa. Also, don't forget to leave some chocolate chip cookies, or whatever flavor, for Santa on Christmas Eve with some milk when he passes by your house.

4. Attend a Tacky Christmas Sweater party

Now this one is something that has become popular in the past couple of years but everyone loves tot attend them, people can find some really tacky sweaters especially if there is an award for the most tackiest. I have never gone to one before but from the various photos and just stories is sounds like tons of fun. Don't forget you host your very own! You can host this before or even after Christmas, look to Pinterest for some great ideas on making the tackiest Christmas sweater like this one!

5. Attend a Christmas Service

During the holiday's many churches hold special Christmas services often time several different times and days so everyone can enjoy the service. Varying they can be all different, you may attend one that is classic while singing classic Christmas hyms and hearing the Nativity scene. Or you can go to a church that plays more pop culture Christmas song and focus on different parts of the Nativity scene, I remember going to a service where the music was a huge part where they even had a drum line play the part of the song "Drummer Boy". It was a wonderful experience and something I had never seen before honestly, the church I attend, West Ridge, is holding several different services and even has put up Christmas lights. You can come by and see the show for free then later attend the Christmas service.

Take time to do all these fun activities and make lasting memories with your family and friends!