The Christian's Five Pillars

The Christian's Five Pillars

My synopsis.

187
The Christian's Five Pillars
Newsmax

Being a youth leader at the Christ In Youth: MOVE conference in Oregon for the 2nd year in a row was perspective-changing to the highest degree. I was wrapped up for years in divisive politics and brash activities that did not glorify God. But as a Christian, I know I am not perfect, and I cannot possibly live up to God's standards or work my way to Heaven. So why am I a Christian and continue to live in this lifestyle? My synopsis can be supported by using 5 pillars:

Rescued

We all are drowning in a sea of lies, pain, malice, evil, death, and sin. He can pull us out of the darkness with His eternal grace and love us if we allow Him to. Kingdom workers are rescued from their sinful selves.

Loved

God calls His sons and daughters to build His kingdom, and that requires love. Through Christ's eternal love for us, we can channel this limitless energy towards others to impact people and relationships; letting them see the light that dwells within us.

United

As Christians, if we stand together and put on the full armor of God, nothing can stop us. Ephesians 6:10-18

Being a Christian is our first and foremost identity. Some of us fall into the temptation to divide ourselves with labels, such as being a conservative, democrat, feminist, liberal, or anything that might divide people based on opinions. Christianity is divided because we are too busy labeling each other and not focusing on unifying as a church body that lifts one another up towards God. We are doing God a disservice by fighting our brothers and sisters in Christ, rather than fighting the sin that corrupts all our lives.

Changed

Through accepting Christ as our redeemer and savior from our sinful lives, we are able to transform into Christians; otherwise known as a Christ-followers. We learn and grow through His teachings and examples He set before us when He came to Earth. We then apply these teachings and become apostles - sending out the good news, the Gospel, to those who are willing to listen. If Christians come together as a unified church body, we can transform each other and our communities.

Sent

As Christians, we cannot be idle with what we believe. Unlike the Latter Day Saints and their 1.5 - 2 year missions, Christians are required to spread the gospel of Jesus in the way we live until the day we die. Christianity is not a religion, it is a lifestyle that we express through everything we do. We are sent by God to build His kingdom on earth, to build, spread, and unify the church together.