Best Lyrics From The Chainsmokers' New Album "Memories...Do Not Open"

This new albums is one for the books, so get ready to play it on repeat.

91
Facebook

Without doubt everyone knows that the Chainsmokers are amazing. Their music is super catchy and upbeat. Up until now, they have never released a full album. Let's be real, all their singles are amazing so we didn't care about an album. All we want are songs. That is exactly what the Chainsmokers gave us. A 12 song album was released featuring artists like Coldplay and Florida Georgia Line. The songs vary from slow, to chill to upbeat running music.

One thing that I admire are their lyrics. Their lyrics on the new album are amazing. So I'm going to go one by one and show you just how incredible this new music is.

The One

“Let's go, let's end this

I delete before I send it

And we can play pretend

Like we haven't reached the end yet”

Some of you may not know that they were the #SELFIE people, thank goodness they moved on

Break up Every Night

"Give me time, give me space, give me reason.

That's what you tell me when you're leaving

Change your mind every night like the seasons

You're insatiable”

This is one of my favorites, great car jam!

Bloodstream

“I gave up three times this week

Went through those feelings

Like I wasn't worth nothing

I thought I-I-I-I-I-I can shake this off

No, I-I-I-I-I-I can't be this soft”

I fell like most can relate to this song. Sometimes you get down but you just have to shake it off.

Don't Say

“Don't say, don't say you're human

Don't say, don't say it's not your fault

I won't take the bait or these excuses that you're using”

You shouldn't judge people by what people say, watch their actions.

Something Just Like This (feat. Coldplay)

“Some superhero

Some fairytale bliss

Just something I can turn to

Somebody I can kiss

I want something just like this”

Two of possibly some of the best artists together? What more can you ask for?!

My Type

“No, you're not the one, but you're all I want, yeah

People say I'll get hurt, I don't know what they're so afraid of

But you're just my type”

Some relationships just are not good, People who care about you will tell you it is bad. But honestly, I think in the end, you should listen to them.

It Won't Kill Ya

“You're putting your jacket on

Oh no, is the moment gone?

Don't wanna regret this one

Ooh, I wanna know ya”

I think people might think this is an odd song but I think it can be about being adventurous

Paris

“If we go down then we go down together

They'll say you could do anything

They'll say that I was clever”

If you go down, we go down. It's all about being mysterious and crazy.

Honest

“And I'm not gonna tell you that I'm over it

'Cause I think about it every night I'm not sober, and

I know I keep these feelings to myself”

Honestly is so important, but seriously, in relationships it is most important. Just say what ya feel guys!

Wake Up Alone

“Will you still care in the morning?

When the magic's gone, oh?

And will you be there in the morning?

Do you stay when it all goes?

Or will I wake up alone?”

I like this song but I don't really know how to explain it. Lyrics say it all.

Young

“We were so young when we thought that we knew how to love

Fought about anything, everything that did is function”

Oh, young love. Never turns out the way you wanted it to.

Last Day Alive (feat. Florida Georgia Line)

“You're dangerous, we're dangerous

Run into the bright lights most nights, now or never

Always and forever the last day alive”

I love this because I am a huge country fan. The fact that FGL is featured, I am automatically a fan. This song has a completely different vibe to it. The harmonys are great!