If The Cast Of Netflix's 'Sense8' Were College Students

Sense8 has never been lacking in diversity — not unlike the kind one might find on a college campus.

143

December 2016 was the last Sense8 fans had heard from their beloved cluster, after the global release of a two-hour Christmas special — until the second season of the hit Netflix original show premiered just over a week ago on May 5, 2017.

Critics have always been divided on matters of the show, with some complaining the screen portrayal of eight very different, very diverse leads sharing psyches leads to confusion, while many others laud the show for its none-too-subtle messages of unity in diversity. One thing critics cannot bemoan is the fact that Sense8 has never shied away from portraying intense story arcs, and that it has certainly never been lacking in representation (be that with regard to race, ethnicity, culture, language, and sexuality) — not unlike the range of diversity one might find on a college campus.

1. Riley Blue (Tuppence Middleton), as the "deep," feeling art major

She's deeply empathetic, which makes her a great candidate for answering an art professor's call to their students to make them "feel" the sky or the grass (whatever that means, but she knows), or for pouring her heart out into a musical composition that'll have everyone on their feet. She's a little dreamy with a wild streak — in her hair, that is. Deep.

2. Kala Dandekar (Tina Desai), as the "good" girl with the perfect 4.0

She makes aceing honors courses seem effortless — but don't underestimate her. She is so much more than any grade or amount of points; she works hard to achieve what she has, and just because she likes to smile and follow the rules sometimes, doesn't mean she always does. She knows what she deserves and she'll tell you exactly what that is.

3. Wolfgang Bogdanow (Max Riemelt), as the brooding "bad" boy

He is the stereotypical bad boy you see in movies all the time; he smokes, he drinks, he makes his own way regardless of the legality of it all and he's brooding to boot. You almost wonder how he's still enrolled (what even is his major? When was the last time he even came to class?), but he is resourceful, after all, and he does have more of a heart than he lets on — for a small handful of people, anyway.

4. Lito Rodriguez (Miguel Ángel Silvestre), as the ever passionate theater major

He is absolutely the type of theater major to walk through campus, gesticulating wildly as he recites lines from his project. Granted, sometimes the drama can translate from the stage to real life, but he more than makes up for it with a good heart, hilarious jokes and never ending fun. He knows his angles and he knows how to work them — if you ask nicely and run lines with him, maybe he'll help you figure out yours.

5. Sun Bak (Doona Bae), as the strong, silent rebel

Don't tell her how to do something, much less what to do — she already knows and she's three steps ahead of you. This is not someone you want to mess with. She excels at nearly everything you put in front of her because giving up is not an option; it never has been, and it never will be. She might have some anger issues, but when that one campus organization throws a puppy stress relief event, you can bet she'll be the first one in line to cuddle those little guys. Dogs definitely trump most people most days anyway.

6. Capheus Onyango (Toby Onwumere), as the resident ray of sunshine

He's the incredibly warm, friendly, charismatic one with hundreds of Facebook friends because he wants to know everyone. He's always got a smile on his face, and he likes to make people laugh. Mention his name to one person at your table, and I guarantee at least one will know him, two will know some friends who know him, and the rest just want to know him. You can't help but hope this guy goes places.

7. Nomi Marks (Jamie Clayton), as the loud and proud activist

She doesn't hesitate to fight for the right thing, be that inclusiveness and equality, or her friends. If you have a question, she'll gladly educate you. She is bright and fierce and comes well prepared with receipts and a hefty wealth of knowledge on current and social issues — because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

8. Will Gorski (Brian J. Smith), as the do-gooder moral compass

You can always count on him to give you helpful advice and steer you in the right direction, as good and moral as he is. He's an advocate for hard work, discipline and doing the right thing, which makes for the study buddy we all need. Hydrate — with water, not alcohol — because there will be no procrastination here.

And if you're not already a fan, check out the trailer for season one below and binge watch Sense8 on Netflix now!