To All The Guy Friends In My Life, Where Do I Begin

In high school and even now, I am just the kind of girl that hangs out with boys rather than girls. I have my fair share of girlfriends, but I also have a handful of guy friends.

This is for all my guy friends. The ones who I used to be friends with, am friends with and will be friends with.

Thank you.

Without you boys, I wouldn’t be the person that I am today. You may not realize it, but you have all taught me so much.

I have insight on relationships from a different perspective because I have listened to the boy’s side of things and helped my guy friends.

I have learned more about sports and cars than I ever thought I could have.

I have witnessed the amount of food they consume and know that whenever we hang out, they will love me forever if I bring snacks. I have also learned how to burp extremely loud and to be proud of it.

Being a girl among many boys in a friend group is difficult, and there are times when you feel left out. Honestly, my guy friends are the biggest blessing.

From pretending to be my boyfriend to get the creepy guy to stop talking to me or to make other boys jealous, buying me dinner, helping me move, sticking up for me, protecting me, hanging out with my little brother and helping me fix my car. You guys have seriously done it all.

I cannot thank each and every one of you enough.

Thank you for being my best friends, brothers, pretend boyfriends, and always being just a phone call away.