The Best Things Take Time

Hey, Don't Rush It, The Best Things Take Time — Especially When It Comes To Love

Sometimes you can't always have what you want at this very moment. There is a time for everything.

3516
Couple

"Why won't he make the first move already?" "Can you hurry up please?" "Will we ever move past the friend stage?"

You'll hear these questions typically from either yourself or another person, all around the same topic of rushing things. A lot of people lack patience. A lot of people rush the process. We live in a society where many people have an acquired taste for instant gratification. In a society where people find something they like and immediately go towards that. We, as a society, spend most of our lives seemingly rushing through it, ending up wanting to look back at the good old days.

I can definitely say I'm an impatient person. I definitely can say I have rushed into things sometimes, or have even gotten super excited for something. I have definitely experienced the urge of waiting and hoping everything turns out good. Hoping everything turns out to be in your favor. Having to wait is one of the most annoying things.

Whether it's having to watch the clock tick by or having to wait for the guy you love to realize your true feelings or even having to wait to get that dream internship you have always wanted. Sometimes you have to realize that the best things come to those who wait. Don't rush into things and let the wind take you towards your path. Of course, you should work for everything you want, but the things that can wait — let them happen on their own time.

Be patient for success.

Success is something that everyone wants. Everyone wants to get to the top or get that dream job they have always pictured in their lives. Or maybe it's success in building a family and finding the perfect one. People typically want to be the first one to do everything. The first one to become successful out of their friend group.

Instead of rushing to be the first one to do something, you should wait and give it time. Give it time to come to you and for you to reach your goal. Everything takes time and sometimes it's best not to rush what you want to be the best at. Being good at something can take plenty of time and practice. Making mistakes is another vital part of becoming successful since you can learn so many things from your mistakes.

Be patient for love.

Love. A four letter word with so much meaning. Everybody typically has three great loves in their lives, or maybe just one if you're lucky. Anything worth having is worth both working and waiting for. Why would you ever want to rush something that you want to last forever? Deciding whether to wait for love or go find it yourself is definitely a difficult decision.

Life was created to enjoy. It is not meant to be rushed through or to be passed by. Life is meant to be enjoyed and meant to be savored — just like finding the right one should be. Sometimes going through trials and challenges is all part of the journey. Sometimes you have to learn a couple of things in order to achieve greatness in a relationship.

Personally, I have always wanted a relationship in which I actually loved the person, growing up. It wasn't until my senior year of high school when my best friend admitted his feelings for me. I never acted on the fact that he was my best friend and a person I wouldn't mind being with until he told me around the end of my senior year. I had to wait for a perfect relationship I had always wanted, but it was one of the best times of my life. Sometimes really good things come to those who wait.

Think of all the characters from TV shows who waited for love.

Ross and Rachel from "Friends!"

"He's her lobster!" Ross and Rachel are one of the main relationships in the show "Friends" and they actually don't get their happy ending until the very last episode. From the moment Rachel saw the video of Ross at their prom to the whole "we were on a break" situation, these two characters have been through a lot and many different plot twists.

It all started with a high school crush Ross had on Rachel, and she never seemed to notice him. In the pilot of the show, Ross and Rachel reconnect for the first time, and it's obvious that Ross has a hopeless adult crush on Rachel once again, showing that his feelings never really went away. Soon enough, Rachel finds out about the way Ross feels, and surprisingly feels the same way towards him.

Out of luck, she is too late when telling him because when he comes back from China, he has a girlfriend, but Rachel is the one that is now stuck with the hopeless adult crush. Timing doesn't seem to be of the essence for them. Much later on and a pro/con list made by Ross about Rachel and his girlfriend, Julie, they start to date. Their relationship is going great, until Ross becomes jealous of Rachel's co-worker Mark and they kinda sorta split up, but get back together the next morning — which leads to one of the most heartbreaking scenes in the entire show when Rachel finds out that Ross slept with Chloe, the hot copy girl while they were "on a break."

Phew, not even done yet. Following this, they date again and break up, get married and get divorced, Rachel dates one of his best friends, they have a baby together, and finally in the final episode end up together. It seems as if they were always meant to be — isn't it a great love story?

Ross: "It's always been you, Rach."

Ross: "You were worth the wait."

Rachel: "Just so you know, with us? It's never off the table."

Ross: "You and I both know we are perfect for each other."

Jim and Pam from "The Office!"

Have you watched Jim crush hard on Pam while she was engaged? You probably thought that things would never work out for them, but they ended up working out perfectly. These two basically grew up together through their twenties and they watched one another learn about life and grow through their experiences. Also, they waited for one another: when Pam was with Roy, Jim built a friendship with her, and later on when Jim was with Karen, Pam made sure to nurture that friendship, until they had another chance to be together.

They also have such a strong friendship throughout the seasons, whether it's with pranking Dwight constantly or just talking to each other about all of the office gossip. Typically, when two people are together all of the time, they get tired of each other, but in this case, the two love working with one another. Starting with Pam's ex-fiance, Roy, and ending with their career goals, they always manage to come back to one another, even when that means sacrificing their desires. When Jim started a company based out of Philadelphia, it took a huge toll on their relationship. However, the moment that Jim realized it might cost him, Pam, he stopped everything and moved back home to her.

Jim: "Four years ago, I was just a guy who had a crush on a girl who had a boyfriend. And I had to do the hardest thing I ever had to do, which was just to wait. Don't get me wrong — I flirted with her. Pam, I can now admit in front of friends and family that I do know how to make a photocopy. I didn't need your help that many times. And do you remember how long it took you to teach me to drive stick?"

Pam: "Like a year."

Jim: "I've been driving stick since high school. For a really long time, that's all I had. Little moments with a girl who saw me as a friend. And a lot of people told me I was crazy to wait this long for a date with a girl who I worked with, but I think, even then I knew, I was waiting for my wife."

Lucas and Peyton from "One Tree Hill!"

Lucas and Peyton are one of the main relationships in "One Tree Hill." Sure, they had their ups and downs, and at times, we were grinding our teeth wondering if these two would actually end up together. Even when they first meet, they were dating other people, but true love prevails in Tree Hill, and the two ended up together. Peyton was the girl who always believed that everyone leaves, but she ended up finding someone who stayed.

Lucas and Peyton may have gone their separate ways with other people at times, and Lucas even dated her best friend, Brooke, but like magnets, they always came back to each other. From the moment that Peyton thought Lucas didn't know her when her car broke down to when Lucas saved Peyton's life after she had gotten shot, their relationship ended up perfectly, with the two getting married and having a child together.

Lucas: "I've loved you since the first time I saw you. And this ring, and these words, are simply a way to show the rest of the world what has been in my heart for as long as I've known you. I love you, Peyton Elizabeth Sawyer. I always have and I always will."

Lucas: "When all my dreams come true, the one I want standing next to me — it's you. It's you, Peyton."

Peyton: "At this moment there are 6470818671 people in the world — 6 billion souls. And sometimes, all you need is one."