The Best Things About Summer!

The Best Things About Summer!

All the fun stuff we miss about Summer while we are stuck in the Winter.

269
The Best Things About Summer!

Summer has not always been my preferred season. It's hot, mucky and every fly and mosquito is out to get me. But as I sit in my chilly room in the middle of winter, I can't help but miss the summertime just a little bit. Don't get me wrong; I love the winter season. I am a fan of snow and ice. At least when it is in acceptable limits. Still, there are just some things about summer that winter can not beat.

The first thing is that summer has longer (and usually) sunnier days. And who doesn't love a sunny day? In summer, there is no rush to get everything done, because you literally have at least until 8:00 pm to get it done. During winter, there seems to be this rush because the day practically ends at 6:00 pm. Summer evenings are also wonderful because the sunsets are always pretty and lightning bugs come out to illuminate the landscape, which could make any sweltering day into a scene straight from a fairytale.

There also seems to be so much more fun things to do during summer. Local towns have fairs, more stores and restaurants open and stay open longer and if you are lucky enough to live by the beach, then there is always swimming. Also, who could forget the 4th of July and fireworks! There are just a million things to do and look forward too. You can practically make any summer day a holiday. Summer just has this very lively feel and there is always something exciting going on.

Speaking of summer fun, there is also summer leisure. The most famous leisure in summer is school break, of course. So, if you are still in school, you always have summer to look forward to. Summer food is also nice, as grilling becomes more popular and people can enjoy hot dogs, burgers, steaks and chicken more often. Summer attire is also a lot more comfortable than winter attire. It may be hot in the summer, but at least you won't have to drag a heavy coat and boots with you everywhere you go. Plus it's a time to wear brighter and more positive colors!

Summer has a lot going for it. It's a culmination of both excitement and relaxation. It's also a time to make memories and do exciting things. As I sit here and write about my favorite things about it, the more excited I get about it. Hopefully, as long as I stock up on sunscreen and bug spray, I can survive it. But for now, I will have to last through the winter, which isn't all too bad; winter has a lot of great stuff going for it too, but that's a whole other topic for another day. Well, hopefully I will enjoy the summer of 2017. That is, assuming I don't freeze to death first!