Here Are The Best Study Tips I've Ever Learned

The race to the finish line for this semester has started!

29
Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash

Working online completely changed the way I had to approach academics and it felt like I had to start over and learn all-new study tips with the new environment.

With in person classes, I thrived with my computer, but suddenly I felt burnt out with the increased amount of screen time. As such, I fell behind and my grades showed it.

I decided to make a change and try to make an effort into revamping my study styles to better my grades and work ethic. In order to help anyone else who may be struggling like me, here's the best study tips I've ever learned.

1. Plan Ahead of Time

The best thing that's ever happened to my grades have been getting a planner! I'm able to write everything down in one place and really make sure I don't forget anything. You can write down class due dates for homework, tests, and more. I tend to also put things in levels of importance as well to try to maximize my time while working.

However, this only really works if you commit to writing it all down and keeping up with it. Personally, I write out my entire school week on Sunday and it's helped a lot.

2. Color-code Your Work​

And I mean color-code EVERYTHING. I color-code my previously mentioned planner. I color-code my notes for school as well. It helps with keeping the most important things in the forefront of your mind and it has become essential to me.

3. Find a Quiet Place

At the beginning of last year when we were all sent home, I didn't realize how important this tip was.

I was doing homework and such around family and their noise. As my concentration slipped, my grades did a bit as well. Finding a quiet yet comfortable place to work will increase focus and productivity by SO much.

4. Take notes of EVERYTHING

Photo by Lubomyr Myronyuk on Unsplash

You never know exactly what you need. It's best to be prepared for anything, and by using the color-coding, you can still pay attention to the most important stuff without missing anything.

5. Make a Playlist (or listen to someone else's)

This varies for every person, but personally, I simply cannot work in complete silence. I find that my mind starts to wander. Because of that, I try to have some sort of noise while I work. Sometimes it's white noise like rain, other times it is soft music, like lofi (It is usually lofi, and I have an article talking all about it). It's all up to personal preference though.

6. Take Little Breaks

Breaks are definitely necessary to avoid burnout! The method I found is the best is working for 25 minutes and then taking a break for 5 minutes. Of course, this is what worked for me, but try it out and play around with the times to make it work for you.