Hulu's Streaming Services Are Better Than Netflix's, Don't @ Me

Because Hulu > Netflix. Yes, I said it.

4

Netflix might be the leading streaming service these days, but a turn to Netflix Originals has pushed its rival, Hulu, into a close second. Not to mention Hulu's bundle with Spotify has people flocking to its highly discounted price (students only pay five dollars a month for both services). It might not have 'Stranger Things,' but Hulu has a lot of shows to offer their audiences, including my top six:

1. 'LetterKenny' 

A Canadian show about "hicks, skids, Christians, and hockey players," would never dare to disappoint. The witty dialogue, local slang, and incredibly creative roasts will have you laughing your ass off. FERDA!

2. 'The Handmaid's Tale' 

Based on Margaret Atwood's best-selling novel, this chilling drama tells the story of a totalitarian society named Gilead. A haunting place where women are treated as property and corruption runs rampant. This is a heavy watch, so make sure to bring some tissues.

3. 'PEN15'

This show tells the real story of what it's like to be a girl in middle school. Each episode hilariously navigates puberty while also addressing divorce, peer pressure, and racism. With every stroke of a gel pen, comics Maya Erksine and Anna Konkle make me remember years I wish I could forget.

4. 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' 

'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' is as easy watching it as it is funny. It tells the laughable side of the typical detective show and Andy Samberg always hits my funny bone.

5. 'Harlots'

If you're into period dramas with lots and lots of sex, 'Harlots' is the show for you. Two brothels in 18th century London compete over territory and it's as sexy as it is witty. The costumes and set designs are absolutely stunning, but the best part of the show is its celebration of women's sexual power.

6. 'Broad City' 

If you don't know 'Broad City' by now, do you live under a rock? That's all I have to say about this masterpiece of a series.