The Best Movies to Watch on Valentine’s Day

Whether you’re with a significant other or your fellow single ladies this February 14th, some of the best picks for a love-themed movie night
17

1. Valentine's Day

Not too much of a shocker given the title, but nonetheless, this movie remains a classic for February 14th. Track the holiday for several different people- some with happy endings, some not so much- and don’t miss Taylor Swift’s cameo!

2. Fifty Shades of Grey

This is not the most typically lovey-dovey film, but if you’re really not into that BDSM stuff, it will only make you appreciative of your own not-so-scarily-intense relationship. Also entertaining to see with all your single girls.

3. The Notebook

A classic, sappy one that remains timeless because it simply never gets old. If you are sick of it, you obviously do not appreciate Ryan Gosling enough and should keep watching until you are appreciative.

4. Love Actually

A popular Christmas-time movie given the setting in December, this one also works for Valentine’s Day because of the obviously strong love theme. The format is similar to Valentine’s Day in its portrayal of multiple different storylines, all uniting in a universal, feel-good message.

5. Crazy, Stupid, Love

The cast takes a lot of the credit for the success of this movie, but it is also due to the mix of comedic and realistic elements throughout. Also, Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone’s reenactment of the Dirty Dancing scene.