The Marvel Movies Ranked From 'OK' To 'OMG'
Film

Of all 20-plus films in the series, it's hard to rank them, but it must be done.

96

The first movie in the MCU was 2008, "Iron Man," the father of us all. Next came "The Hulk," "Captain America," "Thor," "Ant-Man," "Black Panther," "Spider-Man," and the legend herself "Captain Marvel." Tons of supporting characters that stole the show like Bucky, Shuri, Wanda, and Rhodey. They've stolen our hearts, made us cry, and left us stressed as hell. How can anyone decide which of those movies outrank another? Well, I can. It has been a hard complicated process that left me looking like Charlie from "It's Always Sunny."

Since "Far From Home" hasn't been released yet and "Endgame" is newly released I'll be excluding them, this is also because we all know "Endgame" is going to be number one.

21. The Incredible Hulk (2008)

I don't think any Marvel fans can't really explain why this movie happened or if it was worth it. It feels mainly like a twilight zone phenomenon that we don't speak of.

20. Thor: Dark World (2013)

It was just OK. We were forced to watch Thor interact with Jane Foster, who is not worthy at all. He stops really acting like a god but someone who just wants to save his girlfriend. It's overall unimportant to the rest of the MCU and to the viewers.

19. Iron Man 3 (2013)

We get more Tony and Pepper, and who could dislike that, but overall this movie was underwhelming. That hurts to say because Tony Stark runs the whole MCU, but it must be said. I loved the fact that he is more relatable in this movie with his PTSD and anxiety but that is the only part of the plot that is worth watching.

18. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Out of all the Avengers movies, "Age of Ultron" just isn't the most impactful. We need the movie to introduce Wanda and Pietro but then kill Pietro off almost immediately. Wanda is the major reason the movie was good enough. We get to see her true power and it sets the basis for "Civil War" so it's a necessary movie but not one of the bests.

17. Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018)

We stan Scott Lang as a father and I love everything he does but this felt like a very weird attempt to drag him into "Endgame" at the last second. The villain isn't that appealing and you honestly want her to be on the good side more than anything else. It brings up Scott figuring out the Quantum Realm which will be crucial in "Endgame," I think.

16. Ant-Man (2015)

Once again I love Scott Lang and I love his family dynamic; everything about him is relatable and lovable. It's ranked here not because it's a bad movie by any means but solely because you really don't need to see it to understand any other movies, you just need to know Scott Lang is Ant-Man.

15. Iron Man 2 (2010)

The major reason this film needs to be seen is because of the change in cast members. John Cheadle now becomes the Rodes we love to this day. Overall, the film is interesting on its own but it isn't comparable to the other sequels. Also seeing Tony slide backward into his old ways is almost concerning but then has nothing to do with the rest of the movies.

14. Thor (2011)

No one can deny Thor is one of the strongest Avengers but this movie just doesn't do him justice. They make him fall in love with a pathetic human that doesn't appreciate him and it doesn't truly show how great of a trickster Loki is. It's crucial to watch to understand other films and his family dynamic but overall it isn't his best plot.

13. Guardians of The Galaxy: Vol. 2 (2017)

We get more background on all the characters and Mantis is introduced but the whole storyline is just OK. We get to see that Quil's father is trash but he has the capability to have so much power and doesn't even try to harness it, he just wants to play catch.

12. Guardians of The Galaxy (2014)

We get introduced to some powerful people in this movie, and it has one of the best scripts in my opinion. It does lack a little bit on everyone's background. All of that gets cleared up in other movies like "Infinity War" and Guardians 2 but we never hear about Groot or Rocket.

11. Avengers (2012)

At the time this was such a great combination of characters and I swooned over this movie. It is one of the more basic films and doesn't dig too deep into characters lives or anything like that but it does set up Cap and Tony's relationship, which is important for "Civil War." It's a nice casual watch film for people who haven't seen other films because it's very self-explanatory.

10. Captain America (2011)

This is one of my absolute favorite films in the MCU because it has everything you could want in a movie. There's the greatest love of all time (Steve and Peggy), the loss of a friend, and the greatest cliff hanger of all time.

9. Captain America: Civil War (2016)

The Russo brothers even said rewatching this movie was critical to seeing "Endgame," but I hate that there wasn't truly a resolve between Stark and Cap. Even in "Infinity War," Tony was too scared to call him because of this film and it led to him fighting alone, at least that's how he felt.

8. Doctor Strange (2016)

The visuals in this movie top all others. It is so amazing to watch and Stephen Strange is one of the most unexpected characters. The Ancient One even knows how important he is later on but seeing Strange work for his power is an incredible journey.

7. Black Panther (2018)

I don't think there is any bad part in this movie. I can't think of even a single reason not to absolutely adore Black Panther. The only thing I want is Shuri and Peter Parker to meet and become best friends. Wakanda forever.

6. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

Peter Parker is so dang cute and Tom Holland is the perfect person for it. In the comics, Peter is supposed to be younger than previous film adaptations show, but Homecoming hits the nail on the head. His relationship with Tony is the most important part of the whole film.

5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

Two words; Bucky. Barnes. I remember seeing this movie for the first time and everyone in the theater screamed when we realized who it was. This was one of my favorite Marvel reveals.

4. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

This is the best prequel Marvel has ever done. It is better than the first two combined and we finally get the brother relationship we deserve between Thor and Loki. Hela is one of the best villains and the amount of Hulk screentime we get is just amazing.

3. Iron Man (2008)

This is who started it all. Robert Downey Jr. will also hold a special place in every fan's heart. We've seen him go from someone just craving his dad's approval to his own person that wants world peace and will do anything in his power to get it. Tony Stark is an icon for the MCU and there is no character above him.

2. Captain Marvel (2019)

Carol Danvers is a national treasure. She is the coolest woman ever who breaks free from her terrible "rescuer" and becomes the strongest being in the universe. There is absolutely nothing Captain Marvel can't do.

1. Avengers: Infinity War (2018) 

This was painful to say the least but there was no way around it. We need the Avenger's to lose so that they could win. "If we can't protect the earth, you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it."- Tony Stark.

The Avenger's return for "Endgame," also known as the most painful movie of all time.