Why Should I Have Life Goals?

My Life Goals Are To Be The Greatest Me In All Facets Of My Life

My goal to be the best man, husband, and father I can be.

87

Set a personal goal? What, me? Nah... too hard. It doesn't have to be. We all have goals, big and small, that we can choose to work on. I have one that I constantly work on and plan to never give up.

Goal setting is not an easy thing to do. There are countless things you can set for goals. I have one goal that I have had for a long time. That goal is to be the best man, husband, and father I can be. People that are close to me know this is a goal of mine; however, this is more of an explanation that will help everyone understand it better. Now this goal is hard for me to accomplish due to the fact that I'm only 20, soon to be 21 years-old. In the meantime, I can determine what this goal means to me.

The one part that I can work on at this time is being the best man that I can be. This means being the best version of myself that I can be every day. To start, be a good person in general. By being respectful and understanding of people and what they are going or have gone through and trying to self improve in many different ways such as having new experiences and trying to learn new things, will help me achieve this goal. This is being done now and will continue on once I can start working on the next part of my goal.

The next part of this goal is to be the best husband that I can be. Like I said before, I am young; however, I do want to be married one day. Marriage is a big commitment, that is without question. Marriage is a special bond that you have with your partner and that is what you are to each other, partners. Obviously, you love each other, that is a given. I anticipate when I decide to pop the question, I will be head over heels in love with my future wife. Making dinner on nights that she has worked all day, her favorite meal will be waiting for her when she gets home. It may sound cliche, but I want her to be my best friend, my partner in crime, my other half. I want to travel the world with someone, and I want that person to make it feel like home no matter where we go. We will work together on everything: house responsibilities, fun things like going on adventures, even the kids and all that they bring such as PTA meetings, doctor's office visits, after-school activities, all of that stuff.

I'll admit I was not always sold on having kids when thinking about my future as a high school student. There are a whole bunch of reasons that have ultimately changed my mind; too many to go in to for this post. The thing to me about being the best father I can be is that it comes down to how involved you are. I want to be involved as much as I can be. One thing I know I am going to do is take a leave from work for my child when he or she is born. I want to be there for my wife and to have those moments with my baby. I want my future kids to feel that they can come to me for any reason. We have all seen those shows that have fathers having tea parties with their daughters and throwing the baseball with their son. That, for me, is a given. There is one commercial that shows a father all done up in make-up, in a dress, and pink necklaces dancing on the side of the road with his daughter. Sign me up. The same goes for whatever my son wants to do. I know kids present a challenge, but it is a challenge that I fully look forward to.

There you go; that is my goal. This is obviously bigger than just saying you will go to the gym a couple of times a week. You do not have to have goals as big as mine here. Setting goals for yourself is a great thing you can do. No matter how big or small. Thank you for reading about mine!