The Best Festival in Someone Else's Backyard

The 6th Annual DZ Fest is here!
24

DZ Fest is an amazing DIY festival held annually in Hickory Hills, a southwest suburb of Chicago. The two-day long music and arts festival features prominent bands from Chicago and the greater Midwest. The Fest is unlike any other, catering to local talent with 2 stages and 40 bands playing a backyard show in the wooded suburbs.

DZ Fest is the product of artist, musician, and audio engineer Ben Arguelles who runs the recording studio DZ Records out of his home. In addition to being a recording studio, DZ Records also functions as a music venue and home base for the podcast Friends with Music (a podcast featuring live music and interviews with local and international bands). Ben is assisted by a team of volunteers, from audio engineers to musicians, photographers, and videographers who passionately believe in promoting music and building a community.

DZ Fest is a musical event you do not want to miss! In addition to the live music, DZ Fest features an extensive merchandise tent where each band will have music for sale in addition to special, limited edition DZ merch. DZ also promotes the visual arts. Artists from all over will have their artwork available at DZ Fest and all profits will go directly to the selling artists. DZ Fest draws a crowd, so you can expect a visitation by Henry's Tacos available by food truck on the street. They have you covered for all-day comfort, free water bottles will be provided for everyone and porta-potties will be available for attendees to use.

This year is special in that the DZ film crew will be filming/photographing for the DZ Fest 2017 documentary.

(Please note by entering DZ Fest, you are allowing yourself to be filmed/photographed by the crew).

DZ FEST 2017 LINEUP:

DAY ONE: Saturday, July 8th

Doors open: 11:30 am.

Stage Z - 12:00 pm - Afterglows

Stage D - 12:30 pm - Nimrod

Stage Z - 1:00 pm - Orange Dilemma

Stage D - 1:30 pm - Sonny Falls

Stage Z - 2:00 pm - Terroir

Stage D - 2:30 pm - Diagonal

Stage Z - 3:00 pm - Rathammer

Stage D - 3:30 pm - Baby Money

Stage Z - 4:00 pm - Boss Fight

Stage D - 4:30 pm - BlackGlass

Stage Z - 5:00 pm - Bubbles Brown

Stage D - 5:30 pm - Fox and the Acres

Stage Z - 6:00 pm - Lung

Stage D - 6:30 pm - Safespace

Stage Z - 7:00 pm - Bigjoy

Stage D - 7:30 pm - Post Child

Stage Z - 8:00 pm - Them Dead Poets

Stage D - 8:30 pm - The Roalde Dahls

Stage Z - 9:00 pm - Bad Bad Meow

Stage D - 9:45 pm - The Peekaboos

Last band ends at 10:30 pm

Ends at 11:00 pm

DAY TWO: Sunday, July 9th

Doors open: 11:30 am.

Stage Z - 12:00 pm - Fauvely

Stage D - 12:30 pm - Other Suns

Stage Z - 1:00 pm - Impulsive Hearts

Stage D - 1:30 pm - Harvey Fox

Stage Z - 2:00 pm - Bev Rage and the Drinks

Stage D - 2:30 pm - Lettucehead

Stage Z - 3:00 pm - Lever

Stage D - 3:30 pm - Romancoke

Stage Z - 4:00 pm - John Till

Stage D - 4:30 pm - Beastii

Stage Z - 5:00 pm - mtvghosts

Stage D - 5:30 pm - Kodakrome

Stage Z - 6:00 pm - Grandkids

Stage D - 6:30 pm - Bora Bora

Stage Z - 7:00 pm - Candy Ambulance

Stage D - 7:30 pm - Matthew McNeal

Stage Z - 8:00 pm - Black Bear Rodeo

Stage D - 8:30 pm - The Cell Phones

Stage Z - 9:00 pm - Tara Terra

Stage D - 9:45 pm - Está Vivo

Last band ends at 10:30 pm

Ends at 11:00 pm

If you do come out to DZ Fest 2017, please follow a few ground rules:

- No outside bags allowed. (Purses are fine.)
- No dogs allowed.

- Please be respectful of the bands and crew, the property, the neighborhood and DZ Fest.

DZ FEST IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN PROPERTY.

The music festival is held at:

8548 S 85th Ct.

Hickory Hills, Illinois, 60457

Hope to see you there!

Stay tuned for a follow-up article on the events of this weekend! I will be doing a profile on Ben Arguelles later in the month.