The Best Feelings Show Choir Gives You

The Best Feelings Show Choir Gives You

Show Choir is a whole new experience. Let’s dive into the emotions we feel.

27
The Best Feelings Show Choir Gives You
Thanks to Nadim Merrikh for making this on @unsplash
https://unsplash.com/photos/MBCWO39JVsI

Finding Out The Theme

Dude, nothing is better than hearing the name of the show for the first time and listening to the songs you will be dancing and singing your heart out to that year.

Getting Costumes

The moment costumes come in, it really means competition season is ahead of us, and that it's time to make all of our hard work pay off. Getting to see the whole show as it is, added with the costumes, it brings a whole new version of motivation.

Right Before We Compete

As a performer, it would be almost worrying if you weren't full of nerves as your show was being announced and having your final moments before all faces are on you. Right before those curtains open, we take one final deep breath to prepare our minds and bodies to give it everything they've got. We use those nerves to bring power and energy into our performance.

Final Pose

You're out breath, sweaty, your throat is so dry and practically screaming at you for water. Your heart is pounding out of your chest as you come out of the final pose to bow. Hearing the audience clap as you exit the stage. Never wiping the smile off your face, you quickly leave the stage and get ready to watch other show choirs.

Awards

After a long, tiring, restless day surrounded by people who love the same thing you do, it's finally time to see if all the hard work you've put in all year will pay off.

Hearing You Have Placed

The second you hear you have placed in the competition, you bust out of your seat screaming and cheering. hugging the person next to you. A feeling rushes over you like you have never felt before. And it never gets old. You see and hear all those around you also cheering, acknowledging how hard you have worked, and being happy for you as well.

Making Finals

Now that you've placed, you know you have a 50/50 chance of being chosen to compete in the finals round. You are already so tired and drained, but you're also praying you get the chance to move on to the higher level... You hear your show choir is to perform in the finals. You once again, jump up to cheer and celebrate with those around you. Then you realize, you are to perform your heart out once again, up 10 notches. You are to impress the judges yet again, against the 5 best show choirs that day, to be the group that takes home the grand championship. You rush to your room and get makeup on again, get into your costumes, and prepare yourself to use the rest of whatever energy you had left and put it into this performance.

Packing up

Finally, wether you are coming home with the grand championship, a trophy, or nothing at all, you gather your belongings and get ready for a long drive home. You're tired, you want food, a bed, a shower. Wether you're walking out of the competition full of pride and joy, or sadness, those around you share the same longing for some rest.

Drive Home

You are sitting on the bus snuggled in a blanket and ear buds, reflecting your day. From the second you woke up to now. You had a full day of what you love to do. You worked all year long to do what you did. It's never felt better to be surrounded by these people. You practically lived in the show choir room since August and grown such a strong connection with those around you.

_____________________________________________

At the end of the day, getting involved in show choir was one of the best choices I have ever made. I made friends with people who I never saw myself talking to. I have grown as a performer and have been able to express emotions through yet another beautiful art form.

Show Choir challenges you in so many ways that you wouldn't expect. It truly is something spectacular.