The Best Episodes Of "Black Mirror"

The Best Episodes Of "Black Mirror"

I can't get enough of this show.

470
The Best Episodes Of "Black Mirror"
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/01/09/6365111513678153262003420330_black-mirror-season-3-poster.png

With the new release of season four, "Black Mirror" is the popular show on Netflix that everyone is talking about. Each episode is composed of completely different characters and concepts; however, the main idea of each episode is the dangers of technology. Since each episode of "Black Mirror" is so unique and diverse, I've decided to compose a list of the best episodes of the show that are worth watching.

Season 1, Episode 2 - "Fifteen Million Merits"

If you loved Daniel Kaluuya from "Get Out," then you'll love him in this episode. This episode focuses on a slave-like society where they must cycle on exercise bikes to power their society and earn "Merits," which help them to perform daily tasks like eating, washing their hands, brushing their teeth, etc. Daniel Kaluuya's character, Bing, convinces Abi (played by Jessica Brown Findlay) to participate in a talent like game show (similar to "American Idol" or "X Factor") to escape their slave like society; however, fame and fortune come at a price.

Season 1, Episode 3 - "The Entire History of You"

Do you have a hard time remembering what you said or what happened? Do you wish that you could have all of memories stored so you could never forget? In this alternative reality, most people in this society have "grains," which record everything they see, do, and say and gives them the ability to play back their memories in front of their eyes or on a screen. Having a "grain," however, can cause issues to raise, like when Liam (played by Toby Kebbell) suspects his wife, Ffion (played by Jodie Whittaker), of having an affair.

Season 2, Episode 2 - "White Bear"

No good deed goes unpunished in this episode of season two. A woman (played by Lenora Crichlow) wakes up with amensia and leaves her house, pleaing for help only to have those around her ignore her and record her on their cell phones. Almost everything in this world is controlled by a television signal, and she must stop the "White Bear" transmitter while surviving crazy pursuers.

Season 3, Episode 1 - "Nosedive"

As one of "Black Mirror's" more popular episodes, this episode is set in a society where everyone can be rated one to five stars through daily interactions with one another. A young rating obsessed woman named Lacie (played by Bryce Dallas Howard) is chosen by her childhood friend, Naomi (played by Alice Eve), to be her maid of honor for her wedding. On Lacie's journey to the wedding, she runs into many mishaps, causing a decline in her ratings.

Season 3, Episode 2 - "Playtest"

Traveling fears come true as an American traveler named Cooper (played by Wyatt Russell) is stuck in London during his travels around the world. In order to have enough money for a plane ride back, Cooper accepts a one time job offer from a video game company called SaitoGemu. However, accpeting this job comes at a price.

Season 3, Episode 6 - "Hated in the Nation"

A murder mystery episode follows Detective Karen Parke (played by Kelly Macdonald) and her partner, Blue Coulson (played by Faye Marsay), who try to solve the unexplainable deaths of people who were all targets of social media.

Season 4, Episode 1 - "USS Callister"

Kicking off the fourth season with a very scientific themed episode, a woman (played by Cristin Milioti) wakes up on a Star Trek like ship where the crew praise their fearless captain (played by Jesse Plemons).

Season 4, Episode 2 - "Arkangel"

Have you ever wanted to see the view of the world from your child's eye? With new implanted chip technology called "Arkangel," in this episode you can! Single mom, Marie (played by Rosemarie DeWitt), has her young daughter, Sarah, implanted with "Arkangel." At first, the system appears to be effective, but technology comes at a cost as Marie lets her daughter grow up without the use of the implanted chip.

Season 4, Episode 6 - "Black Museum"

My personal favorite episode of "Black Mirror" is "Black Museum," which is presented throughout the course of three stories told by Rolo Haynes (played by Douglas Hodge). Rolo is the owner of Black Museum who tells these stories about his cutting edge technological work with the human brain that helped him to develop his career to museum visitor, Nish (played by Letitia Wright).