The Beauty Of Eyes

The Beauty Of Eyes

I don’t know if it is the magnitude of color layers that surround the pupil, or if it is the emotions that they are able to convey without expressing them through words or facial features that makes them so riveting.

609
The Beauty Of Eyes
Daily Mail

When was the last time you looked at somebody’s eyes? Not just a little eye contact, but a full on look of their eyes? I am guessing not recently, because you would probably be called a weirdo or something else like that.

That’s the fun thing about being a weirdo, I think. I love looking at people’s eyes. They are all different, regardless if they are brown, hazel, blue, or green.

I spend most of my conversations with people, who I know pretty well, looking at their eyes. The way their eyes light up with an array of colors while they speak of something they love or when they are really excited. The way their eyes dull when they have no interest in what they are doing. The way you can tell just by the cloudy gloom in their eyes that they have been hurt or are sad. The way their eyes sharpen when they are furious about something that had happened. The way their eyes shimmer in a mischievous way when they lie.

Eyes are very interesting and infatuating, needless to say. There is just a certain aspect of eyes that one gets caught up in. I don’t know if it is the magnitude of color layers that surround the pupil, or if it is the emotions that they are able to convey without expressing them through words or facial features that makes them so riveting.

Just think about it. Look at your eyes in the mirror. Take a really long look at them. Notice the different shades of colors that sprinkle throughout your eyes. Take note of how your eyes change colors in certain light. Just appreciate your eyes for a second...

Appreciate everyone’s eyes. They are such a beautiful body part that never get enough attention. Poets write about them. They could go on for pages about them. Everyone just takes the poet’s word about eyes. They never take the time to look at the eyes of their mother, their father, their friends, or even their lover.

How can one truly appreciate the existence of eyes and be able to agree with a poet when they bring up eyes in a poem without ever stopping to look at them?