The Beauty In Human Connection

The Beauty In Human Connection

The reason why you can't do life alone, is because you weren't designed to.

205
The Beauty In Human Connection
Only Messages

Picture this: it's just you, the clothes on your back, and your thoughts walking alone in a shadowy, hair raising forest. Your only objective is to make it out on the other side.

Now, before you were in this horror movie- like predicament, you were given the choice to go in alone or walk with a group of people. How many of us would make the choice to go in alone? Not many. For many separate reasons we would choose to walk in with family or friends (even strangers if it meant not having to be alone), but overall the biggest reason being: there's comfort in knowing you don't have to do it alone.

As humans we were designed to function as a body or community. This is apparent by the problems our world currently faces. LACK of community and body however, is the root of a ton of our problems that could simply be solved if only we walked in our purpose.

As of August 2016, "Major depressive disorder is the leading cause of disability in the U.S for ages 15-44."

As of November 2012, "only 59% of families ate dinner together at least five times a week."

As of May 2014, Belgium had the highest divorce rate at a staggering 70%.

Studies conducted in 2013 confirmed that suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US, despite the fact that "most suicidal individuals give definite warning signs of their suicidal intentions."

One of the biggest lies we can feed into is that we have to go through situations alone or figure things out by ourselves. This lie provides evidence that when humans attempt to function outside of our purpose, we simply can't.

There are certain situations that we will go through in life, that we simply need others to help get us through. This is not a sign of weakness or immaturity. When we feel the need to reach out to others for help or to help them, that it when we are most human. Our natural instinct to join together shows that there is purpose in relationship, and long periods of isolation from others is not healthy for our well-being.

On the contrary, walking out life with the people around you doesn't have to come from a desperate, dark circumstance. The beauty in surrounding yourself with people is that they can be there for the good and bad moments. What good is there in being happy and successful if you have no one to share it with?

So, what does being a community/body look like? Perhaps asking how that rude cashier is doing instead of taking their demeanor personal. Or maybe eating dinner without the television doing all the talking for you. And maybe just maybe letting someone know that you're there to walk with them, no matter how dark and scary their forest may seem.

The reason why you can't do life alone, is because you weren't designed to. When creation is connected to other creation and The Creator, it works.