Taylor Swift's New Single Is A Hit

From pastels to rainbows to a haunting reflection on self-love and acceptance, Taylor Swift's upcoming album, "Lover", contains an incredible collection of titles with Swift's brilliant lyricism and truth. Earlier today, another single was released, titled "The Archer", and it is as brilliant and heart-wrenching as many of her other works of art.

A stark change from the bubbly "ME!" and catchy "You Need To Calm Down", "The Archer" is driven by raw emotion stemming from deep-rooted insecurity and self-doubt. It's powerful, it's deep, and her voice is incredible as always. Moreover, it's very vulnerable.

Speaking about your deepest flaws and doubts is never simple. But Taylor does it in a way that resonates with her audience completely. She's mastered the art of lifting herself up while admitting her lowest downfalls, and her fans easily follow the path she has chosen for each single.

It is what has made Taylor Swift a success from the beginning. Her experiences are real and true, and her music speaks to those experiences.

"Who could ever leave me, darling / But who could stay?", "And I cut off my nose just to spite my face / Then I hate my reflection for years and years", and "'Cause all of my enemies started out as friends" are a few of the most thought-provoking lyrics in the song, making it the masterpiece it is.

Taylor Swift does not have a reputation for failing to deliver, and she has certainly delivered with "The Archer." Its unique tone in comparison with the other two released singles leaves me waiting excitedly for the album's release in August. Considering what she has done with these three works, I have no doubt that this album will become an instant favorite for many by the time the 23rd rolls around.