What is love?

What is love?

Baby don't hurt me

5
What is love?

"If you have two friends in your lifetime, you're lucky. If you have one good friend, you're more than lucky."

- S.E. Hinton

The age-old question. What is love? We throw out those three overused words all the time --- "I love you". But words are just words. In my eyes, love has nothing to do with physical appearance nor intellect. We don't love someone because they like the same bands that we do. We don't love someone because they're able to cook for us. We don't love someone because they're successful at what they do. Love is a feeling and that feeling can only be harbored within the heart. So, you can say "I love you" all you want, but if a person doesn't feel that love actually radiating from you, then I don't believe you really love that person.

For a friend to be a good friend, there must be love between the two individuals; it doesn't have to be romantic at all. Being around that person makes you a better person. Love is about sacrifice. Sacrificing anything to keep that person or people in your life. To the people that I love: I would take a bullet for you, I would take the blame, I would die for you.

For the majority of my earthly span thus far, I've never chased after a guy nor loved someone with a passion until very recently. I know exactly what real love is and I fear that the majority of human beings will never experience the type of love that I am speaking of. True love takes you to another dimension. True love allows two people to merge into one. True love is spiritual and cannot be recreated with anyone else besides the person you're meant to be with.

Peace.