The Aces: The Greatest Girl Band?

Your New Favorite Girl Band

You're gonna wanna thank me for introducing you to these fantastic ladies.

michele
michele
27

As the year is coming to a close, I was recently looking through my Spotify Recap and checking out what songs I've been listening to for the past year. Some songs were old and others were introduced to me this year. One specific group that I really grew to be a fan of is the Aces. 4 girls (Katie, McKenna, Alisa, and Cristal) from Utah with a cool rock/pop/indie sound.

I had the chance to see them live this past September, opening up for another great band, 5 Seconds of Summer. I told my friends to rush to their seats because I did not want to miss their set. While I was eating my fries, I noticed I was the only person in the crowd singing their lyrics. I will admit, I did some research before the show and I was curious what the Aces had to bring to the table.

That half hour set was an opening act that I can say I was truly a big fan of their music. They had great stage presence and know how to entertain a crowd that was not mostly at the show for them. Everyone seemed to genuinely enjoy them. I bet you're somewhat curious about their sound, aesthetic, and musicality so here are a few videos to get the jist of who they are and what they have to offer.

1. Volcanic Love

I thought this song is perfect to introduce you to them. It has a melodic sound with great rhythm and pace.

2. Stuck

As of right now, this song is my personal favorite right now. It's upbeat, fun and just straight up catchy. I listen to this one at least 10 times a day.

3. Last One

To finish off, the video is directed by Alisa and it starts off as a wholesome video but digresses to a gummy zombie apocalypse. Strange? Yes. Amazing? Yes.

I hope I convinced you enough to go check out the Aces and their 2018 debut album "When My Heart Felt Volcanic". It's honestly one of my favorite albums of the year. I plan on checking them out again on their own headlining tour in 2019 but for now, I'll just continue doing my research to find up and coming artists that I love to share to the internet.