The Ins and Outs of Middletown, CT
Lifestyles

The ABCs of Middletown, CT

There's more here than meets the eye!

556
The ABCs of Middletown, CT
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middletown

Middletown, CT is, as you may have guessed, located in the center of our small state. It's south of our capitol city, Hartford, and is a town that has it all. City feel? Check. Country-side? Check. The truth is, Middletown is a place that you inevitably pass through because of its central location. The next time you travel through, I urge you to explore our town.

A: Arrigoni Bridge

upload.wikimedia.org

While you're traveling through our town, you will drive right under this bridge. It's hard to miss!

B: Brew Bakers

s3-media3.fl.yelpcdn.com

Brew Bakers has everything you could possibly want a cafe. It's super cute!

C: Connecticut River

cdn.patchcdn.com

Middletown is set on the CT river, and during the fall or spring, you may catch the high school crew team rowing! The riverside area is really beautiful.

D: Dunkin Donuts

img.groundspeak.com

If you miss a Dunkin, don't fret; they are located like three blocks away from another! Dunkin is a staple coffee joint in Middletown (and all of CT).

E: Esca Restaurant and Wine Bar

s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com

F: Farms

I was born and raised in Middletown, and this farm is one that I visited nearly every day as a child. It's one of many in the South Farms area, but there are others scattered throughout as well.

G: grown

www.trbimg.com

Though I have yet to go, this quaint cafe is located on our Main Street, and is the perfect place to go as you're strolling down the sidewalk.

H: Hop Knot

media-cdn.tripadvisor.com

I LOVE this place! It's a restaurant known for their craft beers and soft pretzels. You can order stuffed pretzels, regular soft pretzels, pretzel sandwiches, or other versions of soft pretzels, such as pretzel bites. And, while you're hanging out, they have a shelf of board games you can play with your friends/family. There's nothing not to love about this place!

I: Illiano's Pizzeria

media-cdn.tripadvisor.com

I have yet to come by a better buffalo chicken pizza. While that's my go-to, the rest of their menu is just as impressive!

J: Jerry's Pizza

s3-media2.fl.yelpcdn.com

You're probably wondering why I put two pizza places in a row... Well, if you're not a buffalo chicken pizza fan, then I'd recommend that you try Jerry's pizza. Their cheese pie is so classic, and so so good. Again, other items on their menu as just as tasty. And yes, I'm that person who will order pizza from different places depending on the type of pizza I'm in the mood for.

K: Krust

krustpizzabar.com

Okay, so yeah...here's a third pizza place I recommend. I may or may not really love pizza.

L: La Boca

media-cdn.tripadvisor.com

If you're looking for a bar to hit up while in town, La Boca is a great option. Drink menu is extensive, the seating area is comfortable, and they often have live bands playing.

M: Mondo Pizza

s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com

By now, I'm sure you're judging me. But seriously, this is the place I go to if I'm feeling a cheese and broccoli pizza. Nothing beats it.

N: Nora Cupcake

media-cdn.tripadvisor.com

Right down the street from Mondo's is an incredibly delicious cupcake shop.

O: O'Rourke's Diner

media-cdn.tripadvisor.com

This classic diner is tiny, but has been featured on many Food Network shows. If that's not reason enough to pop in, I don't know what is!

P: Perk on Main

static1.squarespace.com

Perk is the place for any and all things "crepe"!

Q: Quiet

media-cdn.tripadvisor.com

Middletown isn't giant, but also isn't small. Given it's average-size, I'd say our town is generally peaceful.

R: River Cruise

www.innatmiddletown.com

During the summer time, there are night cruises that depart from our riverside area. I've never been on one, but it looks like a great time!

S: Sliders Bar and Grill

s.hdnux.com

It's a newly-opened bar that impressed me as soon as I walked in. It's spacious, the staff was friendly, and the food was amazing!

T: Taino Smokehouse

media-cdn.tripadvisor.com

Not only is the food great, but the outdoor seating area is fun too.

U: Udupi Bhavan

s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com

Anyone a fan of Indian food? If so, I recommend hitting up this restaurant ASAP! And, for any of my veggie-tari-friends, this is an option for you as well!

V: Vecchitto's Italian Ice

s3-media3.fl.yelpcdn.com

While this spot is only open on a seasonal schedule, I'd say it's almost worth coming to Middletown just to pick up some Italian ice. What's so special about it? You'll just have to find out for yourself.

W: Wesleyan University

s3.amazonaws.com

The majority of our town seems to be taken up by Wesleyan's campus. Not that I'm complaining; it's beautiful!

X: Xavier High School

www.cesct.com

Xavier is a private, all-male high school. They also have a sister school that is all-female called Mercy High School.

Y: YMCA

activerain.com

The YMCA in Middletown is utilized by people of all ages, ranging from 1 or 2 years old to over 80. It's a facility that has been around for years and that I have used time and time again.

Z: Zilkha Gallery

www.newyork-architects.com

Last is a small art gallery located on Wesleyan's campus that annually features art work of students in all grades at Middletown public schools.