The 7 Stages Of Spring Semester, As Told By Michael Scott

It will be okay.

23
theodysseyonline.com

If you are like me, then you are a college kid about to start his/her 2017 spring semester and you frequently watch NBC's The Office. As with the start of every new semester, the apprehension settles in. You are excited to start a new semester, but you are also scared. You can't predict your course load or exam dates until classes begin. All you can do is hope for the best.

Fortunately, Dunder Mifflin's Michael Scott is the stereotypical college kid, living out all of his funniest jokes and sassy/dramatic moments throughout his workdays. His weeks and stresses as regional manager of a paper company perfectly correlate to all of the challenges we face as we dive right into the upcoming spring semester.

So, here are the seven stages of the upcoming spring semester, of course, as told by Michael Scott. These seven stages are modeled after the traditional seven stages of grief. With every new semester, we question why we even decided to sign up for these classes in the first place. The workload and the stress piles, but in the end, we are always hopeful that it was worth it.

Stage 1: Denial and Shock

Stage 2: Pain and Guilt

Stage 3: Anger and Bargaining

Stage 4: Depression, Reflection, and Loneliness

Stage 5: The Upward Turn

Stage 6: Reconstruction and Working Through

Stage 7: Acceptance and Hope

With the upcoming spring semester, the stakes are high, but the morale is low. It's hard to get back into the swing of homework, studying, and classes. However, we all just have to accept the challenges at hand and hope for a happy ending. Here's to a fantastic spring semester!