The 6 Boys You Meet In College And How To Handle Them Like The Beyonce Woman You Are

Playing games is overrated.

172

1. The “This Isn’t Going Past One Week” Boy

Situation: You met him at a party Saturday night and you two hit it off. Numbers were exchanged and you got hooked instantly. He seemed extremely interested for a week and you could’ve sworn this was destiny. Wait…did I just say destiny? Oh, well just kidding. By the following weekend he happened to magically disappear into thin air.

Advice: I am going to assume this situation will simply have you analyzing your precious brain to death. LET IT GO. He was into it at first, and then clearly didn’t want to be bothered. But don’t be bitter, this is one where you just have to accept that it was fun while it lasted and it wasn’t meant to be. If he completely stopped talking to you, please don’t be texting him desperately either or hoping he will text you.

2. The Two-Timer

Situation: You met him during the first week of school. You guys began hanging out every other day. You couldn’t imagine anything turning sour. But as women, we are gifted with the ability of always finding out everything. Later on you discovered that his Tuesdays and Thursdays were being spent with another girl…that you know.

Advice: SAYONARA! Adios. Seriously. You have way too much self-respect to know that you are being played and to allow it. PS- don’t give the other girl dirty looks. You’re not angry with her—you’re angry with him.

3. The “TFS” Boy

Situation: Oh, the “TFS” Boy. They have their own lives during the week and can’t be bothered courting a girl. But on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, he’s all yours. He’s extremely good-looking and you feel special just talking to him, right?

Advice: Ladies. Come on. Do you really want someone you’re interested in to only give you a quarter of his time? Well first of all, do yourself the favor and stop saying you’re interested. Secondly—you should probably just remain friends. I promise you will be “interested” with someone who genuinely recognizes how much you are worth (but you need to believe you are worth a lot first).

4. Snapchat Boy

Situation: You two met at a fraternity function. He appeared to be very into you and interested in getting to know you further, and he gave you his number. You soon realize that the texting was so dry that you rather converse with your bedroom wall. Not only was the texting dry, but very infrequent. However, he constantly snapchats you and you are loving the attention because he is just so hot and oh so charming.

Advice: Really? He tries having full-out conversations with you on Snapchat but can’t pick up his cell phone and call/text you? Don’t make me laugh. I am going to take a WILD guess and assume he is not that interested in you and is snapchatting other girls as well. There’s no harm in snapchatting him back, but do NOT waste your energy on the potential of this guy and don’t hope that this is going to go somewhere serious. Keep it casual for now.

5. The “Only Hangs Out With You In A Group Setting” Boy

Situation: You two are in the “texting occasionally/hanging out in group settings” phase. You have pretty good surface level conversations and when you two hang out you flirt occasionally with one another. He’s cute and gives off the vibe that he may have a crush on you. Nothing has ever happened between you two.

Advice: Do not ruin the excitement and light-heartedness of this situation by becoming low-key obsessive and dissecting his every move. Go with the flow and continue getting to know him. Build a friendship, and if the romance is there, it’ll follow.

6. The Almost Boyfriend

Situation: You two spoke for about three months. You initially were hesitant on letting yourself be vulnerable with him, but once you let down your walls you were in disbelief with how amazing you two clicked. You were positive he was going to ask you out and everyone around you was as well. But soon enough he started distancing himself and completely stopped talking to you in general.

Advice: Listen—dating is all trial and error. So STOP asking everyone and their mother why he stopped talking to you and STOP creating imaginative reasons of why you pushed him away. You didn’t do anything wrong and he simply wasn’t the right one for you. Why would you want to be with someone who doesn’t want you? Why would you want to be with someone who is not meant for you? I know you answered no to those two questions.

Conclusion: The process of meeting and getting to know someone should not be stressful. As long as you constantly know your self-worth, you’re ahead of the game. Dating is exciting because each time you invest an ounce of yourself in someone else, you learn more about yourself.

Find peace in the fact that what is meant for you will always find you. Promise.