The 5 Steps Of Grief After An Online Purchase Goes Wrong

We've all been there, you order clothes online and it's almost ~never~ what you actually wanted.

49

I recently had to order an outfit online for a disco-themed event for my sorority. After scouring the internet for days, I finally found the perfect sequin dress... only to have it be the most ill-fitting piece of garment I've ever put on my body. Repeat this process 2 more times and I finally found an outfit that works.... at Forever 21. Here's what you'll probably go through if you ever find yourself in this situation:

Stage One: Denial

When you first try the item on and you refuse to believe that it's actually THAT bad, you can't help but deny it. In this step, you probably stare at yourself in the mirror for 23 minutes (from 297 different angles).

Stage Two: Anger

At this point, you're thinking to yourself: "What the f**k???" You spent all this money, maybe even extra for faster shipping, and then it just betrays you like that... After this step, you rip the garment off and leave it on your bedroom floor for the rest of the day.

Stage Three: Bargaining

You really do try to make it work... You tell yourself things like: "Well, it'll work if I just cut this part off" or "I can just sew the straps so they're shorter" but you DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO SEW. Once you get to this point, it really, truly is over for you.

Stage Four: Depression

Yeah, you now know it's ~never~ going to work and the sadness of the situation sets in. You're probably also sad because you realized A) you wasted all that money and B) you still have nothing to wear. People ask you if you found an outfit yet and you're #Bitter.

Stage Five: Acceptance

There's nothing you can really do about it now, so you might as well try to sell your fashion mishap to Plato's closet and get your money back. Maybe this was the Universe's way of telling you that you would've looked really dumb in that outfit.

Sometimes this situation happens for the best and you end up finding an outfit cuter than the first one. Thank you, Universe. Also, I've definitely learned my lesson... I'll stick to going to the mall for an outfit.