The 5 Stages Of Being Home For Winter Break

Sometimes we can have a little too much family time.

7

Exams are over, and most people are back in their hometowns for the much-needed and quite long break.

Coming home always sounds like it's going to be amazing. Your warm bed, free food, running around with your old friends, sounds perfect!

Wrong.

Well, okay, not totally wrong but not totally right either. Being home is great, time spent seeing your friends and family is always a blessing. But a whole month back under your parent's roof is actually crazy. A week or two after you return home the excitement wears off, and you begin to realize how much you need your own apartment, with your space and your rules.

Like I said earlier, any time spent with your family is a blessing, however, I'm almost at my blessings limit.

1. Eager.

The first stage of going home is being eager to get there. You are done with classes, took your exams, now it's time to furiously pack your bags with enough clothes for a month, and hit the road. Packing and getting all your stuff together to go on break is when your giddiness really starts to take over and you truly realize you're leaving!

2. Hopeful.

On your commute home from college, whether it's via plane, train, or automobile, you're going to be full of hope. Hoping you're going to have the best break ever. Hoping you are going to make the best memories, drink hot chocolate, and just overall have a genuinely good time while you are back in your little hometown for an extended period of time.

3. Content.

You are finally home, it's the first or second week of break and you are extremely content with life. You are hanging out with your high school friends, taking dumb pictures, and enjoying the little town you grew up in. In this stage, everything is actually pretty good and you aren't ready to go leave just yet.

4. Unsatisfied.

The fourth stage of being home is being unsatisfied. This phase sets in around two weeks after being back under the roof of your family. During this time you begin to become unsatisfied with many things. Like the fact that you have to drive/Uber everywhere because you aren't in your college apartment that is within walking distance of all the bars/restaurants. Or you become annoyed that your parents are asking you what you are doing, when you're used to going wherever, whenever.

5. Eager.

Same as the first stage, the final stage is being eager. But this time it is being eager to return back your college town, and your apartment. Not that you don't love your family, but sometimes we can all have a little too much family time. By this final stage, you are ready to be back on your schedule, doing what you do best, being a college baddie!