The 12 Most Amazing Christmas Lights in Chesterfield, VA

The Tackier, The Better

5525
Richmond Times Dispatch

It may not be like the shimmering lights of New York City, however, Chesterfield has a handful of houses that are beautifully decked out for Christmas. The homes that are mentioned on this list, are a "must-see" for everyone that lives in, or happens to be in Chesterfield, VA. Whether you are a "Christmas-aholic", or you just moderately enjoy the season, visiting these 12 houses should be number one on your holiday to-do list this year.

1. Bellbluff Dr.

For over 3 decades, this household has adequately illuminated their neighborhood during the holidays. From Santa to Spongebob, this house has it all. The lights run from Dec. 1st through Jan. 1st

2. "Christmas Court"

This little section of Chesterfield is absolutely unique. Dawnridge Court, commonly known as "Christmas Court," lights up their entire street. With a new theme every year, each house in the cul-de-sac contributes. It is truly a sight to see.

3. Spring Run Road

For the past few years, this spectacular home has lit up Spring Run with over 100,000 twinkling lights. I am fortunate enough to live near this house, thus I am privileged to see the beauty every time I leave the house.

4. Carol Anne Road

The house on Carol Anne Road is quite interactive. In order to take in all of the Holiday magic, they provide you with a trail to travel on. Also, Santa makes a visit on the weekends. The lights run from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. every night.

5. Highland Glen Drive

By far, this house has the most festive backyard that I've ever seen. As a tradition, this house has been lighting up over 65,000 lights on the back of its home for the past 20 years.

6. Millcrest Terrest

In order to spread Christmas cheer, this beautiful house in Brandermill displays over 60,000 lights.

7. Nicklaus Circle

A festive street name for a beautifully festive set of lights. I'm sure that St. Nick is extremely proud.

8. Carters Way

This house is scenic, beautiful and something that you simply must experience in person.

9. Canvasback Circle

Rather than drawing attention by draping their house with thousands of lights, this house displays an array of adorable inflatables, it immediately warms your heart.

10. Queensgate Road

With over 40,000 lights, this place is a true show stopper. It contains the perfect mixture of lights and inflatables; if you love Santa and Disney, this is the place to be.

11. Summerbrooke Road

Each year, the lights just get bigger and bigger. For almost a decade, this house has been inviting everyone to enjoy their overzealous decorations. When you're walking among their friendly and inviting spread, it's almost impossible to not be in the Christmas spirit.

12. Standing Oak Court

This house may not seem as busy or extravagant at first glance, however, the lights are set to your favorite tunes. When you're visiting, singing along is a necessity.

I hope that you find time to visit all of these tastefully tacky homes during this Christmas season. They are sure to leave you feeling undoubtedly merry and bright.