Thank You for Being You

Thank You for Being You

I am forever grateful to not only know you, but also call you my best friends.
177

In my twenty years there have been many people who have come and gone, some quickly and some after an extended time. Of course it can hurt and sometimes you’ll miss them but other you have to believe there are much greater things coming. I read once that “The best relationship is the one you never saw coming” and I can say that is completely true. After having a rough first semester, to put it lightly, I felt really alone at school, until my second semester rolled around. While I was lucky enough to come to college with my best friend from home and a few other close friends from high school, we had different roommates and friend groups, but luckily we all found our way back together, and had also met some amazing new people.

It’s crazy to think back now on that awful first semester, because with the friend group I have now I don’t think I ever have to worry about feeling that way again. Friendship is about being there through the good and bad and these girls have definitely been that for me. I don’t think I have ever laughed, or cried because I was laughing as much as I have since I became close with these girls. It’s such an amazing feeling knowing that I can go to each one of them with anything at anytime of the day and they will always be there.

Having this group of girls in my life is a huge part of the reason I am where I am today and why I have ended up loving college, and I know they probably don’t even know it. So what I’m really trying to get at here is Thank You.

Thank you for always being there, day and night no matter what. There have been countless times where I have a problem and you’re the first people I come to and somehow we almost always come up with a solution or you manage to make me feel better about the situation.

Thank you for supporting me. While we might not always agree on what is right or wrong, you always support the decisions I make and stand by me. It’s one of the best feelings knowing that even though sometimes I might not like it, you guys will be honest with me and are always have my best interest in mind.

Thank you for being the biggest and best part of my college years. I couldn’t imagine looking back years from now on college and thinking of anyone but you guys, and I wouldn’t want to. I can’t wait to tell our kids about all of our crazy memories or hear the speeches we make at each other’s weddings.

But most importantly, Thank you for being you. I know I don’t tell you guys enough, but I do love and appreciate everything you guys do for me. You are without a doubt the greatest friends I’ve ever had and I can’t even begin to imagine what my life would be like without you. I am forever grateful to not only know you, but also call you my best friends.

Love you forever!