Thanksgiving Dinner Items- Classic, Delicious, & Not-Too-Expensive

8 yummy and cost-worthy classic Thanksgiving dinner items

20
Google

As the beloved Thanksgiving holiday rolls around the corner, I thought it might be helpful to share some of my favorite Thanksgiving dinner items, that happen to be delicious yet mindful of tje holiday saver's wallet. These items are classic holiday feast-worthy dishes, that can also save you a few extra dollars without being cheap on flavor.

1. Turkey

The #1 Thanksgiving dinner item is the classic roasted Turkey. At many stores, such as Winco, if you spend more than a certain amount of money on other groceries, a complimentary turkey is on the house. No charge. My family got a free Turkey at Winco this year after spending over $100 on other needed groceries. Or if turkey is not on your list of fave proteins, a rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store is delicious and already cooked. Costco sells these large pre-cooked chickens for only $5!

2. Mashed Potatoes

Buttery and delicious and served with a ladle of gravy. Potatoes are fairly cheap raw, baked, peeled, and mashed with butter and garlic creates the perfect side dish. But, boxed mashed potatoes should not be underestimated- they are usually super easy to make and are cheap to purchase. I personally loved Trader Joe's Garlic Mashed Potatoes, all you do is boil water, add butter and milk and voila, delicious potatoes.

3. Stuffing

So, homemade stuffing can be delicious, but a lot of work. And, I've yet to find an amazing recipe for scratch-made stuffing. Stove Top is only about $1 per box, and it's honestly delicious! The cook time only takes about 10 minutes as well so it's cheap, yummy, and easy!

4. Bread

Rolls are the best way to scoop up the leftover gravy and toppings from the side of the plate. Great rolls can be purchases nearly anywhere and they are generally not too spendy. Costco has a great variety for cheap prices!

5. Mac & Cheese

So cheesy, so yummy, and so affordable. Costco sells an amazing pre-prepped mac and cheese, all you do is place it in the oven and watch it ooze with deliciousness. Or, a box of Kraft cooked as instructed is still yummy, try pouring the prepared mac and cheese into a pan, topping it with shredded cheddar, and broiling it for a few minutes to get a crispy cheese crust on an easy classic. Cheap and delicious.

6. Veggies

A salad is always good, or steamed green beans with butter and garlic. My family's favorite is steamed brussel sprouts with crumbled crispy bacon on top, salty and savory. I know brussel sprouts have a bad name but they are seriously yummy when accompanied with bacon!

7. Ham

If you have a BIG family like I do, you prepare a turkey and a ham to serve the masses. We love Costco's ham, it's well-priced and easy to bake with a brown-sugar dressing. But any store bought ham is great and yummy!

8. Pumpkin Pie

Savory and delicious, pumpkin pie is an irresistible dessert after your large and overwhelming Thanksgiving dinner. I've found that store-bought and homemade pies are delicious, but some pies are found are super cheap prices, and taste just as good as homemade. Top with a dollop of whipped cream!

There you go! 8 delicious menu items for Thanksgiving. I cannot wait to dive in this holiday!