Why Thanksgiving Is Always Better Than Halloween

7 Reasons Stuffing Your Face With Pumpkin Pie Beats Wearing A Sexy Halloween Costume ANY DAY

I would skip Halloween in a heartbeat to get to Thanksgiving faster.

61

I have never fully understood the hype around Halloween. After about age 10, I stopped loving the holiday. There is so much pressure around finding a good costume and people try to be scary, and I am just NOT about it. I love dressing up for themes for one of my sorority's date parties, but dressing up with no direction is not my forte.

Instead, give me Thanksgiving.

For me, I love Thanksgiving way more than Halloween, and in fact, it is my favorite holiday. The joy of being around your family and having a whole day to acknowledge what you are thankful for is so special and shouldn't be taken for granted. Don't get me wrong, I love "Hocus Pocus" and all the "Halloweentown" movies, but give me Thanksgiving. Please and thank you.

1. There are so many great food items all in one meal

Who doesn't love a good Thanksgiving meal? Turkey, dressing, sweet potato casserole, and so much more. I would so much rather have savory over sweet most days, so I thrive on Thanksgiving meals. I also love that there are always leftovers, LOTS OF THEM

2. Having an excuse to eat a lot

I think eating is definitely one of my favorite hobbies. Having a day dedicated to eating a lot is truly a dream come true. Being able to go back for not only seconds but also thirds, fourths, and even fifths is truly a blessing.

3. And then nap

Something that is also associated with eating a lot is naps. I think after each time I eat on Thanksgiving, I take a nap. There is no better feeling than eating my Grandma's dressing and then taking a good nap on her living room couch, and if I'm lucky, maybe even on the comfy recliner.

4. You get to watch "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving"

You can't have the holidays without Charlie Brown.

5. Being around the people you are most thankful for

It is important to always let the people you care about know that you are so thankful and appreciative of them, but it is especially important on Thanksgiving. My heart swells for the people in my life who truly make living so much better, and I want to always make a point of showing they matter to me. Thanksgiving is simply a celebration of every day you have with them.

6. Turkey legs, turkey sandwiches, turkey everything

Turkey is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

7. Having a reminder to be kind to everyone, always

media.giphy.com

Helping others out is so important. The holidays are a simple way for people to be reminded that helping others is important, but being kind is always a cool thing to do. I like to think of the holiday season as just a jumpstart for the rest of the year to show kindness!