Why is Thanksgiving being overlooked?

Why is Thanksgiving being overlooked?

This holiday doesn't get the reputation it deserves

159
Why is Thanksgiving being overlooked?
catbeurnier / Flickr

It’s the beginning of November, everyone is getting in the Holiday spirit, but not exactly for Thanksgiving. What’s happening?

Don't get me wrong, Christmas is a fun holiday and I know people still celebrate Thanksgiving. But this holiday doesn't get the reputation that it deserves, everything already starts to be about Christmas.

Christmas music is being played on the radio and in stores, I have seen houses with Christmas trees up already and “Black Friday Shopping” is now on Thanksgiving day.

Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite holidays! What other holiday is all about food, football and family??

Here are my top reasons why you should love Thanksgiving:

Guilt-free eating

Turkey, stuffing, rolls, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, sweet potato casserole, pies, pies and more pies and the list can continue on!

Friends and Family

Friends-giving's and time with family is the best. Even the awkward questions that's come up with seeing people you haven't seen since you left for college.

Thanksgiving day parade

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade is one of my most favorite things to watch. It is on my bucket list to attend one day.

Leftovers

Food, food, and more food. That leads to nice leftovers too

Black Friday and Cyber Monday

Ok, Black Friday shopping used to be an exciting experience for me. I enjoyed it, but now I am almost boycotting it. I have a problem with stores opening earlier and earlier each year, causing employee's to have to work Thanksgiving evening and being away from their families.

After Thanksgiving everyone can officially and appropriately get in the "Christmas spirit." Little kids are counting down the seconds until Christmas and Students are counting down the days until Winter Break! AN ENTIRE MONTH OFF OF SCHOOL!

During this Thanksgiving actually take a moment to “give thanks.” Enjoy your food, family, friends, and football, only a few more days until Thanksgiving break!