Thanksgiving Is The Superior Holiday, So Christmas Needs To Wait Its Turn

Christmas celebrations need to wait until after Thanksgiving. This includes Christmas music, decorations, and activities.

1978

Every year I see people start celebrating Christmas and listening to Christmas music far too early. Thanksgiving is skipped over every year. Thanksgiving is a time to not only give thanks for what you have, but to also spend some time with family and do fun fall activities!

Thanksgiving is like Christmas just with more food and no pressure of having to get others gifts. It is relaxed and has none of the pressure that Christmas does. Everyone gathers around, says what they are thankful for, has a delicious meal followed by only the best desserts, and then you make memories and play games.

The weather is also the best. It is chilly enough to curl up with a blanket and hot chocolate but it is also warm enough to go outside! Not to mention football is always on during Thanksgiving and this is when college basketball is just getting good. There is so much to love about Thanksgiving. Instead of focusing on Christmas so early this year, focus on Thanksgiving and all it has to offer. Plus instead of one holiday that lasts months, you get two celebrations back to back!

Another bonus: there are mounds of leftovers that last for weeks after Thanksgiving. While Christmas may have more to it, there is something about the simplicity and relaxing nature of Thanksgiving that is so amazing. Not to mention, if you really love Christmas that much, you can always start decorating and getting your Christmas stuff out on the day after Thanksgiving.

Too many people skip Thanksgiving and do not give it the proper value they should. Thanksgiving should be celebrated just as much, if not more so than Christmas because let's be honest, Thanksgiving is actually the superior holiday.