A Thank You To My Ex

A Thank You To My Ex

I hope you change for the next girl because no one deserves to feel like they have to choose, ever.

30
A Thank You To My Ex

To be completely honest, a thank you is the last thing you should be getting, but in all honestly a thank you is in order. While we were together I never fully appreciated everything you did for me, and I'm sorry for that.

I would like to thank you for every date you ever paid for. You didn't have to, but you knew I would never resist a dinner date to an actual restaurant. I want to thank you for all of the days when I came over and we just watched tv laying in bed. I want to thank you for never giving me for the shows I watch.

I want to thank you for all the laughs and smiles I ever had while I was with you. It didn't take much, and you knew that, but you loved making me happy. I want to thank you for never giving up on me when my anxiety got the better of me and had me questioning everything, including us. You never got upset or angry, you would always reassure me that we were okay.

I want to thank you for remembering all of the little things that I had told you throughout our relationship. Whether it be from my favorite tv show, my favorite color or my favorite flower, you always remembered.

Thank you for loving me when I couldn't love myself. You were always there to help me become confident in myself. You were the greatest boyfriend I could have ever asked for.

Lastly, I want to thank you for breaking up with me. Thank you for showing me that you weren't the right person I was suppose to be with. We constantly fought over stupid things and you had the shortest temper I have ever seen someone have. You hated that I loved spending time with my family. You hated that you weren't the center of attention. And although you were happy for me that I was going to college, you hated the fact I moved two hours away and wouldn't be home every weekend. You hated that I was going somewhere with my life, and for that I can't forget.

Thank you for showing me what type of person you really are. Thank you for every tear I ever shed. I mean it. If it weren't for those tears, I would've taken you back. So yes, this letter is a thank you for everything you gave and took away from me in the year we were together. Honestly, I hope you change for the next girl because no one deserves to feel like they have to choose, ever.

Sincerely,
your ex girlfriend.