A Thank You Letter to My College Friends

Because I wouldn’t have made it through this semester without you.
32

To my friends I’ve made in college,

As we head our separate ways for the summer, I just wanted to thank you for making this my favorite semester of college yet (even though it was also probably the most challenging). I would not have made it through this year without you all by my side. This includes my roommates, teammates, classmates, and others who have been there with me through some of the best and hardest times of my life.

To my roommates (and honorary roommates), thank you for listening to me complain about organic chemistry practically every single day. Thank you for always being up for a trip to Dunkin to satisfy my coffee and donut cravings. Thank you for loving Olive Garden breadsticks as much as I do. Thank you for doing my hair and makeup, and for letting me borrow your clothes when I can’t find anything in my closet. Thank you for late night movies (and for sharing your popcorn with me). Most of all, thank you for the countless laughs and memories we’ve made.

To my teammates, thank you for going through those dreaded workouts, rainy runs, and weight room sessions with me. Thank you for understanding the struggle of going up the Mercy Hall stairs the day after a track workout. Thank you for always being willing to share food with me. Thank you for supporting me after a disappointing race. Thank you for basically being my family away from home.

This semester was definitely a tough one, but you know what’s also tough? Leaving you all for three whole months after spending practically every day together for almost nine months. Thanks for being the best friends I could ask for in college. Please keep the group chats and snap streaks alive this summer. See you (hopefully sooner than you think).