7 Reasons To Be Thankful As Thanksgiving Break Approaches

You truly don't understand the importance of Thanksgiving break until you reach college.

16
Flickr

Even though for most of us, it has been nearly a month since our Fall Break, it might as well have been eternity. Thanksgiving is a time for all of us to give thanks, so here are a few things everyone can be grateful for at this time of year.

1. Homemade meals

Even if you have some of the best dining hall food in the world, you would be lying if you said you weren't excited to eat something that isn't from a buffet or processed. Turkey and stuffing? Bring it on.

2. Seeing friends from home

If you're anything like me, you have been looking forward to seeing your friends from home since you left each other back in August (and squeezed in a few visits since then). They've been there since the beginning, and you can't wait to share college stories and old memories with them!

3. Sleeping in 

After waking up for my 8:30 classes every morning, it will be nice to roll out of bed at whatever time I please when I get home.

4. Your bed

Speaking of sleeping in, nothing is better than crawling into your bed at home. Even though my bed at school is pretty comfortable, there is nothing like home.

5. Seeing family

My favorite part about the holidays is being able to see all of my family, and now that we don't see each other every day I cherish that quality time even more. They might be crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

6. The semester is almost over

Even though this semester feels like it has lasted forever (and finals haven't even started yet), the good news is that the end is near! Just a few more weeks until all of the work subsides.

7. Christmas is coming!

With Thanksgiving almost behind us, that means Christmas is around the corner. Not only is it the absolute best time of year, but we get the absolute best break! Hang in there!!:)