Be Thankful For Your Support System

Be Thankful For Your Support System

Hug the people in your corner. They love you the most.

392
Be Thankful For Your Support System
Respiro News

Have ya'll had those moments in life when you completely flip your lid and just go off? Like you know what I mean? Those moments when you break down and feel all alone? It's in those moments that you realize just how lucky you are. I think it's because in those dark moments of sadness and not knowing what it is that you're doing you realize that you have some pretty amazing people in your corner.

Recently, I have had one of those moments where I really had no idea which way to go. I felt like I was all alone in this deep, dark pit and no one could hear me screaming for help. That's a pretty rough analogy, I know, but I think we have probably all been in the pit of despair at least once in our lives. It's an unfortunate situation to find yourself in because you feel helpless but when you look up from the darkness you see the faces of all the people who love you, smiling at you, trying to help get you out. Those smiling faces of people that love you is what I like to call a support system.

Your support system is always in your corner no matter what. Even if they know good and well that you're wrong, and even if you know you're wrong, you know your support system is in your corner. They're there to give you support constantly. This is something that not everyone is blessed with but for those of us that are blessed with this support system, we should all be thanking God every day that we were blessed with these people in our lives.

It occurs to me that lately I have been doing a lot of complaining about things in my life. I've been quite simply whining and "a fussin" as we say in the South. I take full responsibility for that too. Meanwhile the whole time I have been whining and complaining about things in my life such as where I live and where I work, there have been people in my corner the whole time loving me unconditionally. I feel so ignorant that I haven't realized until now just how substantial those people are to my life. But now that I have realized it I want to thank those people.

So thank you guys. Thank you for letting my cry on your shoulder at times. Thank you for letting be mad about things I can't change. Thank you for letting me wallow in pity for a little while. Thank you for coming to my rescue when I didn't know which way to go. Thank you for telling me you love me. Thank you for never giving up on me when I wasn't sure I had strength to push forward. Thank you for holding my hand through the flames. Thank you for never turning your back on me when I have continuously had the same song and dance. Thank you for all your words of advice. Thank you for the late night phone calls. Thank you not ever letting me feel like I'm alone. Thank you for not letting me make some pretty huge mistakes. Thank you for every single, little thing you have all done for me. There are so many things that I should thank you guys for I just can't think of them all right now. But thank you. I will forever be indebted to you all for always being in my corner.

I am ever so thankful, even if I haven't always shown it, for each and every one of you. I love you all to the moon and all the way back. I always have. I always will. I love ya'll. Thank you for being my support and for always being in my corner.