For Everything You've Done, Thank You Mom And Dad
Life Stages

They deserve everything and more.

179
Stephanie Cornejo

The more I thought about it the more I realized how much I take my parents and all that they do for me for granted. I get mad at myself when I get annoyed or frustrated with them for stupid little things. I think to myself why would I get mad when they're just trying to help me, there was no point in me raising my voice or saying dumb things. My parents want nothing but the best for me and they're just trying to help me. When I was a senior in high school I was ready to leave and go onto college, I realized though as I saw my parent's car drive away with me, not in it, I regretted all those times when I would get frustrated or the times where I was just looking at my phone instead of talking to them.

Now that I'm a junior in college, I realized all the incredible things my parents did for me. I wished I realized them in the moment or sooner than I do now, but hey at least I realized them. My parents did and do everything for my siblings and me. They make sure we are cared for, happy and if we're sad they do everything they can to make us feel better. They have been there through the best of times like that scary first day of middle school assuring me that everything was going to be OK, to high school graduation, when I realized maybe I'm not as ready as I thought I was, to moving into my college dorm. They've also been there for the worst of times, when friendships got tricky in middle school, to not doing the best I wanted to on a test in High School and finally when my homesickness kicked in freshman year.

Those are only a few examples of all the great things my parents have done for me. They've done much more throughout my life. Even now while I'm in college they still continue to do things for me from afar. They'll answer all the text messages I send them when I'm in a panic or they'll drive up for a day just to come to parent's weekend. Not to mention when they're here they'll make sure I have all my groceries for the week. Finally, they've sacrificed so much for my siblings and me, from making sure we received the best education to making sure we have a chance to see the world!

So, mom and dad, I'm sorry it took me till I was three hours away from home to realize you do so much for me. I'm truly thankful for all that you do and have done for me, for the love and care you give to me. I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for you both.