5 Things I Am Thankful This College Season

These things are honestly what continually gets me through each week.

12
Photo by Jakob Owens on Unsplash

1. Daily planner

Some people are so against planners in general and I use to be one of those people, but when my junior year of college hit and I had so many obligations, I HAD TO write everything down. I literally write down what I need to accomplish each day that way I am being productive each day and stay up-to-date on all my assignments and events. There is totally a difference in being productive and busy, just so you know.

2. COFFEE

Can I get an amen? I don't know how people get through the day without it. When I stay up until the really early hours of the morning then have to get up and sit through classes, coffee is what gets me through. That first sip on a chilly morning before class is the best.

3. Encouragement

When school gets too much and I want to give up, my friends and family remind me that nothing that good can always come easy. They remind me of the end goal and help me push through to get that degree. I don't know what I would do without that. Some days all I feel is exhaustion and want to give up. School can do that to you sometimes. The people that love me keep grounded.

4. Dry shampoo

Oh yes, I am going there. It's the best. That is all. And all my friends with oily hair said, "Amen."

5. My doggo

Getting a dog has helped my anxiety and depression so much. Dogs love their humans so unconditionally and it is a great reminder when I get lonely and overwhelmed. He waits for me to get home every day and is so excited to see me. It is a reminder that no matter how good or bad I do in school, I am still lovable.

As cliche as some of these things may sound, they truly help me to have a routine and not go crazy. Undergrad can definitely make you go crazy. I am so thankful to be at this place in my life even if it can be stressful at times.