13 Things I Should *Probably* Thank My Older Sister For, But Won't
popular

I mean, I'd hate for it to go to her head...

1835
Abbie Wood

Having a sister is a relationship like no other.

There were times when I was afraid we might actually kill each other. If you don't understand how you could love someone and want to kill them at the same time, then you don't have a sister.

She's your partner in crime, and your occasional worst enemy wrapped into one, but you love her anyway.

The perks of having an older sister do, however, outweigh the bad stuff, but I don't think I could ever let her know that because I'd hate for it to go to her head. So here's some things about her I'm definitely grateful for, If you have a sister then you'll understand.

1. All the rides she gave me before I had my license.

(even if my parents forced her too, or bribed her with gas money)

2. She did all the stupid stuff first so I knew my limits with my parents

Missing curfew, bad. Skipping class, bad. Sneaking out, worst. Thanks sis!

3. Her experience with stupidity also helped when I needed advice

She's already gone through everything I'm about to go through so she's "wise?" & she may not always give the best advice, but she's always willing to offer some.

4. She let me wear her clothes

(I use the term "let" very lightly.)

5. She was only a snitch...sometimes

Snuck in after curfew? She's got me covered. A united anti-parent front. Broke the lamp in the living room? She's going straight to mom

6. She helps out when we're out of toilet paper

I mean, that's what siblings are really for.

7. She's always a listening ear when I need to vent

One minute we're fighting over who's shirt that really is, the next she's listening to how terrible my day was...it's called balance.

8. She kept me humble

With all the insults she (probably?) didn't mean.

9. She gives the best gifts

It's like she knows me better than I know me

10. She loved me through my awkward stage(s)

Braces, questionable fashion choices, bad haircuts, she's seen it all and she still loves me.

11. She taught you all the things a girl needs to know

From bras to smokey eyes, she was my go to.

12. She knows my deepest secrets

And usually doesn't hold them against me...

13. She's always had my back

After all, she seems to think she's the only one allowed to make fun of me.

I guess I do have a pretty cool big sister (even if I'll never let her know it)