An Open Letter To Wawa, The Best Place on Earth

A letter to the world's greatest convenience store.

87

Dear Wawa,

It's me, Sara, long time admirer, first time writer. I just wanted to say thank you, for everything. Truly, you have changed my life. I mean, as if your cheap gas prices and amazing soft pretzels weren't enough, you went ahead with that fancy touchscreen ordering system. There's no easier, more convenient way to get a custom hoagie.

Thank you for refilling your pastry case all day and all night. Whether it's 7:30 in the morning or midnight, I can get a delicious, fresh-baked coffee roll. That's the level of dedication to customer happiness that I like to see.

Thank you for having so many different kinds of coffee. I love having the option to get a nice dark roast or a fancy pumpkin-spiced cappuccino all at one low price. Also, the new additions to the sweetener station-- marshmallows and cinnamon-- are simply incredible. I can get a drink far superior to any at Starbucks for a fifth of the price. You really do care about my caffeination levels, and that means a lot.

Thank you for your quesadillas and pizza, plus fresh baked cookies. Sure, any convenience store serves hot food, but you, Wawa, don't just offer taquitos and jumbo hot dogs that have been sitting on a roller for a week and a half. You tenderly, lovingly, hand-make a buffalo chicken quesadilla however I want it, whenever I want it. Your cookies are nearly as good as any I could ever bake at home. Coming to you is like having your mom take care of you, at over 645 convenient locations.

Thank you for your late-night hours. There's no better stop on the way home from the bars than Wawa for chicken fingers and an entire gallon of water. Your friendly face at 2 a.m. means the world to me, it really does.

So really, Wawa, thank you for everything. You really care and that-- that means a lot.

See you soon,

Sara