Thank You To The One Who Deserves It The Most

From late night talks to letting me borrow plastic forks all the time, this one goes out to you Taylor Anne Trusty

203
Caroline Williams

As I began to pack up my dorm room, I cannot help but become bittersweet. College was a brand new beginning. College was the blank page of an open book that I wrote for myself, and the final page is being written as I close out Freshman year. Each picture or painting I took off the wall took a little bit from myself because it was a realization that my first year at college was truly ending.

People tell you all the time that college will fly by quick and they were not kidding. My freshman year went by in a blink of an eye. I remember how afraid I was move-in day. I was moving into a new town away from my family and hometown friends, and into a new place with a new beginning. I was thrown into Mississippi State knowing three people from my high school and no other souls.

I was scared to death. But I have one person who deserves a thank you and that is Taylor Anne Trusty.

When it comes to college, roommates are the ones who can make or break your experience. I was beyond blessed to have Taylor Anne as my first roommate. It is a funny story how we met. A girl, who I had never even heard of, messaged me through Groupme and asked if I was an Ole Miss fan. I told her yes with caution because I thought I was about to hear the rath about being an Ole Miss fan attending Mississippi State, but I was in for a surprise. She was also an Ole Miss fan.

We quickly bonded through our unusual bond of growing up in Ole Miss households attend Mississippi State and instantly decided to room together. Looking back, it is amazing how well our personalities clashed together and how many similarities I shared with this random girl.

I remember the first time meeting Taylor Anne at a local restaurant in Oxford (of course it was Oxford because of Ole Miss). It was of course a little awkward at first because we were strangers after all., but instantly into the school we hit it off immediately and I had my first friend at Mississippi State.

When I say Taylor Anne has been the biggest blessing, I am not exaggerating. She was my first friend at State and will forever hold a special place in my heart with our memories together.

Taylor Anne, I thank you for everything you have ever done for me. You may not realize it. but you made the journey to college a breeze because of your sweet personality and willingness to be there for me when I needed you. Thank you for allowing me to visit your hometown and showing me around Watervalley. Thank you for simply being you and being able to cheer me up with our late night talks.

By the time you read this we will have parted and cleared out our Hurst Hall dorm. I am sad to say our good-byes as roommates, but know that we will not become strangers. As always, I will see you on campus next year and we can make more memories. Hotty Toddy!

Love,

Caroline