A Thank You To The Mom I Nanny For

A Thank You To The Mom I Nanny For

Sure, I'm no Mary Poppins, but thanks for thinking I'm pretty cool anyway.

21163
A Thank You To The Mom I Nanny For
popsugar.com

Being a nanny is so much more than a job, my life is more exciting and my days are brighter because I get to wake up every morning and do something that I love. I am thankful to work with two kids who always keep me grounded and who are always there to remind me to see the good in any and all situations. I am extremely lucky to have the opportunity to be surrounded by light and I can't thank you enough for letting me love and grow with your children.

1. Thank you for trusting me with your children.

I know that leaving for work every morning with your children still in bed isn't easy and I hope you know how happy I am to be the person they wake up to if it can't be you. I feel the greatest sense of responsibility possible for your children and I thank you for trusting me with them. Thank you for not only trusting me to watch them, but for trusting me to be watched by them. Thank you for seeing me as the kind of person you want your kids to look up to. Thank you for trusting me to make a difference in their lives. Trusting me with your children goes so much deeper than you trusting me to make sure they stay out of harms way on a daily-basis; It's really that you trust me to be a shaping influence over them and that you encourage them to look to me for guidance. You allow me to be the person to help them make decisions every day, and the person that they come to in times of need. Thank you for trusting me to be the kind of person you are.

2. Thank you for making me a part of your family.

As a college student away from home in a sometime still strange and new city, thank you for giving me a home. Thank you for making sure I am taken care of and for often treating me as your own. Thank you for being there for me to talk to when I need it and for understanding that above all I am a 20 year old trying to find my way in the world. Thank you for taking care of me and for always making me feel welcome in your home and in your life.

3. Thank you for guiding me.

You are a wonderful mother. Thank you for showing me the kind of mother I want to be and the kind of children I would be proud to raise one day. Thank you for showing me the way and for always overwhelming me with the generosity you show to me and others. Thank you for letting me watch all the things you do for your children and for always serving as a reminder of the sacrifices my own mother made for me. Thank you for being half mentor, half friend. Thank you for making sure I know I am not in this alone, and thank you for raising children that guide me to be a better person.

4. Thank you for making me feel not small.

Being a nanny is much more than a job and a lot of people don't understand that. I am often referred to as "not having a real job" or "taking the easy way out instead of working hard." Thank you for making me feel like I am exactly the opposite. Thank you for appreciating me and for showing me the gratitude that you honestly feel I deserve. Thank you for believing that God brought me to you for a reason, and for allowing me to do so much more than watch your children every day. Thank you for reminding me that I have a direct shaping influence on the lives of your kids and how truly big of a deal that is.

5. Thank you for allowing me to pray over your children.

In the time that I have worked for you, you have allowed me to be a vessel for the overwhelming love that God has for your children. Thank you for praying for me and over me as a positive influence on your family. Thank you for allowing me to pray for believing in me to be person that God thinks your children should be around. Thank you for letting me pray for your children and for letting me do my part to plant seeds of faith in the lives of two innocent and beautiful souls who are getting to grow up around people who love them and love God.

6. Thank you for giving me more than just a job.

Thank you for giving me the coolest job ever. Your children are awesome and I consider myself extremely lucky to get up every morning and go to work. You have given me the opportunity to learn something new everyday. Thank you for letting me love your children and for letting me be the person they spend their days with. Thank you for letting me a driving force in your kid's lives and for giving me the chance to do something I love and something that I believe really matters.